A little bit of work in the greenhouse

shallow rectangular plant flat with potting soil and seedlings just sprouting with a white plant marker with assorted salad greens and spinach written on it.
Flat with assorted salad greens & spinach

Popped out to the greenhouse for a little while today. I picked up a 50-quart bag of  Miracle-Grow Organic Choice, Raised Bed & In-Ground Soil with Compost at Costco a couple of weeks back. Normally I just get plain potting soil and add my own compost for my seedlings. But since this was less than $9 a bag, I jumped for it. Wish I'd bought a few more.

At least with this, I can be pretty sure I won't have strange plants popping up in my pots from my homegrown compost.

two four inch seed pots with soil and one seedling each and a plastic clothespin, one pink and one yellow, clipped to a side with the word Roma written on them.
Roma seedlings

I potted up some sunflowers and Roma tomatoes that had developed true leaves. I will pot up the others as they develop.

assorted seed start pots with seedlings, three which have larger seedlings with true leaves in a pot each with a colored plastic clothespin clipped to each one.
Sunflower seedlings

I did have to restart my Ida Gold tomatoes and my Moonwalker sunflowers. I did have one Moonwalker I potted up, but I love them and want to make sure I have plenty to put out in my garden.


Comments