It's definitely been a while

I'm coming back to my blog here on Blogger. While I have been enjoying my writing on Medium, there are times when what I want to write won't fit there. So, I plan on writing more here and continue on Medium. 

I am still loving retirement, tho it hasn't quite gone the way I thought it would. But it is all good. I'd planned on a whirlwind of gardening, photography, local travel, and all sorts of fun activities. Didn't happen that way, but I am finally settling into a groove. 

I am finally getting my greenhouse. Not the greenhouse I wanted, but it is the greenhouse I needed.  We hired a friend to build it and it is now finished. 
 


I am currently painting the inside and we still need to run in electricity. I am so looking forward to spending time starting seeds and growing things.




My garden this year wasn't quite what I'd hoped for, but with limited space to start plants in the house and the weather from hell, it is amazing I managed to get something growing. But the new greenhouse will help me get my garden started early. 

One nice thing is I will be able to start seeds for early spring planting that can over-winter in the greenhouse and once they are ready, I can plant them out. I usually sow the seeds directly into the flower beds to overwinter, but I am never sure if they germinate or not. Not to mention, don't recognize anything until it is big enough to identify. 

 The hubby and I are going to the gym 3 days a week. We are alternating functional exercises and weights. We hired a trainer who came up with the programs for us. We have been alternating by day, but we are going to try and start doing both in the same session.
We're both seeing some results. I find I am a bit more flexible when I have to sit on the ground or floor. I can get up a bit easier and I am starting to walk a bit better without my canes. I still toddle, but not as bad as I had been.

So that's it for now. 

Comments