Spring has finally sprung, maybe....




While the snow has gone way (knock on wood), the colder weather is back. We had a week of wonderfully warm temps of almost 60F and sunshine. But we have rain in the forecast, tho today was supposed to be seriously rainy and the promised thunderstorm for last night never appeared.

As you can see above, I've started some seeds. I've currently got 5 varieties of tomatoes sprouting. Still awaiting the sweet pepper to join them. Hopefully soon. I have to make some more mini greenhouses as I have several more tomatoes I need to start. Once the individual seedlings get big enough they will each go into their own self watering pot I am making out of 1 liter bottles (and since we have gotten hooked on various sparkling water beverages, most notably Kroger/Fred Meyers:


I have LOTS of bottles to repurpose).

When the time is right, then they will move out to my little greenhouse until it is time to get them in their various containers to get big and fruitful LOL!

Been having fun with my new Samsung Galaxy S10 phone. Playing with the Samsung Health app and decided I needed to get the wearable that works with it. Samsung Gear Fit2:



 Bought it gently used on eBay for $40. SCORE!!!!! I'd seen the prices for brand new and knew that wasn't going to be happening.  Been downloading various watch faces to fine tune what it shows. Just need it to show steps, BPM, time and date. I like the fact this particular interface shows the moon phase.

Had my annual physical last week. All my numbers are either perfect of good. With one exception. On a scale of 30-56 for vitamin D levels I clocked in at 13. Well, that really explains a LOT of the various health issues I've been having, from the bone pain, muscle pain and weakness, exhaustion and so on. So I am on 50,000 iU of vitamin D once a week for 8 weeks and then 1000 iU a day thereafter and retest in 3 months.

Planning a quiet weekend. Have a friend over to help me haul a bunch of stuff out to the sheds. Make chicken broth and get it canned (almost out of what I had done previously) and get my indoor herb garden going. I picked up some glass beads from the Dollar Store and will put them in the bottom of some quart canning jars and then add soil and seed. With luck I will have fresh herbs in a couple months for cooking.

Comments