Yikes!

We went down to Lewiston today, or at least attempted to go down to Lewiston today. Got a couple of miles outside of town when between road conditions, the idiot driving in front of us and a northbound big rig slightly stuck part way up a hill we decided it was a good idea to do our shopping in Moscow.

Should have gone down yesterday when the weather, while cold and windy, was nicer. Oh well, what we can't get up here we can get another time. Tho I have a print I need to get from Costco for an upcoming art show. I sent it into them to print and I planned on picking it up today. Need to have it matted and mounted by the 23rd or 24th so it can be put in the show.

The show is called "Out of the Blue" and I was hard put to come up with something. Then out of the blue, someone on a mailing list posted a link to an essay called "Hagitude" that struck a chord and gave me inspiration:



I did the painting using Inkscape and Mypaint. I've started using Krita for my work, but the onboard video card on my computer is being cranky with some programs that need some umph! from the equipment. So I have the piece I am doing with that program on hold until the hubby gets a part that will let him install a new video card that should help.

The show opens with a reception Sunday March 10, 1-4 p.m at the Artisans at the Dahmen Barn.

So we did our shopping up here and have been at home watching movies this afternoon. Will be making a mushroom soup with chicken for dinner tonight. Will be good for a dinner on a cold snowy night.

Picture out the door this afternoon:


Supposed to snow thru tonight and tomorrow morning. I don't think it's stopped snowing, tho the flakes are the really tiny ones that don't have a lot of moisture.




Comments