FISHING!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY got out fishing this last weekend. We went out Thursday after work. I didn't have much luck, hubby caught two. We didn't care as we were finally out on the water:

First day fishing 2012


Had a GORGEOUS sunset:

First day fishing 2012


Got home, cleaned fish and packaged them up as we'd decided to gift the first fish of the season to our neighbor who also likes fresh fish.

Saturday turned out to be a very nice day, so we loaded up again and off we went. Boated to the far end and finally got a closer look at the structure up there

2nd day of fishing


2nd day of fishing


Not totally sure what it is, posted a pic to the local area mailing list and someone posted it was a duck house built by the local Eagle Scouts. Cool idea.

Saw a pair of bald eagles. THAT was seriously cool. Tried to get some pics, these are the best I could do with my little point and shoot on extreme zoom (didn't want to get too close to the tree the eagle was in and scare him off):

Bald Eagle


Bald Eagle


Bald Eagle


He eventually flew off as we had to get too close tot he tree as I'd snagged my hook on something on the bottom and I wasn't going to lose a lure that was working.

I finally caught my first fish that was keepable:

2nd day of fishing


We have to get more of those lures, we did pretty good on it (the hubby and I trading it back and forth) and it is a great trolling lure.

All in all, a very nice day. I got a bit of sun, not too bad tho. Seems to be turning into a tan. We caught a total of 7 fish between the two of us. I kept 3 for my dinner and the other 4 I packaged and took over to my neighbor with the first fish of the season.

Can't wait until we go out again.

Comments