AHHHHH!!!! Pizza!

Finally got to try making a gluten free pizza yesterday. Picked up a box of Gluten Free Bisquick and followed the recipe on the box.

Made the sauce earlier in the day so the flavors had a chance to meld and had picked up crimini mushrooms, black olives, pizza dough and shredded cheese the day before.

Got the hubby's pizza going first. I'd let the pizza dough warm and rise for several hours and topped it it wit the fixin's and into the oven. I then made the GF dough, using olive oil for the oil. Popped it in with hubby's pizza to pre-bake.

When hubby's pizza came out, my crust was ready to top and then back into the oven to finish baking.

Gluten free pizza


Gluten free pizza


YUM!!!!!! Okay, the crust is very Bisquicky, but I grew up on it, so the texture wasn't off and I was rather expecting it (hubby didn't care for it tho) and this will be my fall back for when I want pizza and I haven't come up with another option to have on hand.

Can't wait for lunch to see how the leftovers come out.

The weekend was fairly quiet, hubby sprained his ankle on Friday, so he's been hobbling around a bit. Good thing I still have my crutches from my knee surgery. They came in handy. Gotta get the Tig in and to the vet to be edited. He got into a fight with someone at 5am this morning under the house. The skirting is loose in a couple places and he's been going under. Not a pleasant way to wake up in the morning. Took some recycling in, dropped off some stuff at Goodwill, pretty much didn't do much. All in all, not a bad weekend.

Comments