experiment time

So the gluten/wheat free journey continues. Been feeling a bit better and not sure if it is coincidence or not, but most of the really annoying minor joint aches and pains have disappeared.

Had a serious jonesing this last week for pasta, discovered Winco has brown rice elbow macaroni, so I did that with a nice meat sauce:

Brown rice elbow macaroni with meat sauce


Came out pretty good, need to work on cooking the macaroni properly.

Hubby really wanted pizza yesterday, so we picked up pizza makings and I got creative. For him we picked up some already made pizza dough. I made a nice sauce with tomato paste, garlic, Italian herbs and a bit of balsamic vinegar. Made his pizza with sliced white 'shrooms, sweet onion and black olives with cheese. For mine, I soften some corn tortillas in olive oil and then onto a cookie sheet and built my mini pizzas on those:

"Pizza"


YUM!!!!!!!

I will look for a gluten free version of pizza dough for the future.

Comments

kat smith said…
There is now gluten free Bisquick available in grocery stores and you can make a very good wheat free pizza dough by adding yeast to the Bisquick to make dough. I used to make a brown rice flour soy flour combo with yeast that was great but I tried the Bisquick gluten-free to make pizza dough and it works. It tends to be a little delicate when working it but the taste is good. The Bisquick also makes great waffles. Had pumpkin waffles this weekend. Yum. Good luck.
JeanC said…
Gluten free Bisquick?!?!?! COOL!! Have to keep an eye out for it at my local grocery store. I've been having a serious hankering for pancakes of late. Thanks for the heads up :)