Hump Day!!!!!

Had my doctors appointment this morning to get the results from my blood draw. Conclusion is I can cut my dose of ATD in half. With luck I can go off it all together in 3 months and be in remission again. We'll see. In the meantime I go in next week to get my annual boobie squishing and I scheduled my annual physical for May when I get my next blood draw for my thyroid levels. Fun stuff.

Hubby forgot I had the appointment this morning and had scheduled a client over in Pullman. Since the Forester is in the shop and we are borrowing the neighbor's car he had to drop me off at the doctor's office early (45 minutes early. As much as I dislike electronic books, reading 1634: The Baltic War on my palm passed the time nicely). After the appointment I walked to work.

I miscalculated how far I can go on my knee a wee bit. The distance was twice as far as I usually can go without a problem, so I am in a wee bit of pain. Luckily I still have some pills left from after the surgery, so one of those is taking care of that. I will have to say that my knee is bouncing back a lot faster, so with luck I didn't push it TOO far. I think having my collapsible walking stick helped a bit, so I am glad I grabbed it out of the car before leaving it at the mechanics.

So in honor of Hump Day, I will share this recipe for the world's most dangerous cake that has been going around the net thru various mailing groups:

CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.

Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

I made this the other night and it is as easy and fast as claimed. And as dangerous. It is a little more rubbery in texture then regular oven baked cake, but oh so chocolaty, so who cares LOL. I didn't have any chocolate chips, so went without. I am interested in seeing what else could be added, maybe some cherries, or cherry preserves for a lovely chocolate cherry cake. MMMMMMMMMMMMM! The possibilities are endless!

Speaking of quick, I picked up the Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day book yesterday at the library. I've only skimmed it so far, but I like the idea and will look at giving it a try. I really want to do more bread baking and anything that will make it faster and easier is a plus in my book. Not too mention they have a ton of yummy bread recipes I want to try. The foccacia I made the other night using the recipe from the bread book I own was really good and I will still use the recipes there for variety. I think once we are a bit a head I am going to order the book so I can have it on hand.

I still have a ball of foccacia dough in the fridge to bake up, probably do that tonight after work. I think I will look at making the olive oil dough from the book to have on hand as it looks like it will make a good pizza dough. I'm thinking homemade pizza for dinner on Friday would be a nice idea. I still have some roasted tomatoes from the garden last year in the freezer for making the sauce.

Comments

Chimera said…
Chocolate cake in a coffee mug? In five minutes? Ooooooooh, I'm in trub-buuuulllllll... :D
Geri said…
With my food allergies (gluten, eggs & dairy) I was not expecting success. Oh, my GODS, was I *wrong*. Along with Chimera, I'm in trouble too. As is at least one of our covenmates, who claimed Chimera is "Evil with a capital E" for sharing the love. Thanks for starting the circuit.

*HUGS* to you and Hubby
g
JeanC said…
BWAHAHAHAHA! My task is complete!

:D

Hi Geri, glad to see ya :)
Geri said…
*sighs* someone on my Facebook friend's list has reposted the recipe again, without crediting me for the gluten-free & vegan substitutions, nor you as the place *I* got it from. I've emailed zir politely asking them to rectify the problem, and I'm *really* hoping zie does the right thing.

Or maybe I'm just overly sensitive and paranoid about plagarism courtesy of the emails I get from the university reminding me every semester what it is and that I WILL get kicked out if I'm caught at it.
JeanC said…
Some folk are a bit slow on the uptake when it comes to proper citations on the net.