Smoky Mountain Pizzeria Grill

Joined some friends last night for the opening night of the Smoky Mountain Pizzeria Grill out at the Palouse Mall:

Smoky Mountain Pizzeria Grill


The interior is nice, a little bit sports themed, mostly outdoor sports:

interior


They have both booths and tables and it nicely lit.

We started off with appetizers:

Hubby and I ordered the spinach & artichoke dip with pita bread:

Spinach & artichoke dip


Our friends got the crispy chicken Thai rolls:

Crispy Chicken Thai Rolls


Both were very yummy and the peanut sauce for the Thai rolls was nicely spicy.

For entrees I got a calzone with pepperoni and black olives:

Calzone


It had an insane amount of pepperoni. I think someone got a bit carried away in the kitchen:

Calzone


It was delish:

BLORP!!!!!


Hubby and M ordered the Sesame Chicken salad:

Sesame chicken salad


Her hubby ordered the South Pacific Chicken & Coconut Shrimp:

South Pacific Chicken & Coconut Shrimp


Their grandson got the kids cheese pizza with a salad:

Kids pizza and salad


All in all a good meal. It was opening night (they opened at 4pm) and quite busy. They will need a few more days to run the kitchen in, my calzone was a bit browner then it should have been and the South Pacific Check was not as hot as it should have been. We were chatting with our waiter when he had a chance to slow down and they had ALL their staff there last night, so it was a bit crowded in the kitchen.

The entire time we were there the rate of customers coming and going was pretty steady and I overheard one waiter telling another table that the pizza line was a bit backed up with all the take out and delivery orders they were getting.

I'm looking forward to checking out their lunch buffet (salad, pasta, pizza and soups) and checking things out more once the new restaurant rush has died down a bit.

Comments

Chimera said…
Whoooo-ee! Don't dat purdy!

Next time we're in town...
JeanC said…
Dinner it is :D
Jim said…
That looks line good eatin' Jean!
Idaho Dad said…
Wow, that looks great. I may just drive down there this weekend and talk my mom into paying for our lunch!
MarmiteToasty said…
Jebus, that all looks just soooooo scrummie.......

Not the pork for me though, but Im up for the rest ......

x
Addie said…
Hello! I know this may be odd having some random person comment on your blog, but I shall explain.

I work at Smoky Mountain; I'm a buser/hostess/salad maker. I was curious to see if anyone on Blogger had been to our restaurant, so I googled it, and your blog came up. :) I'm very glad that you enjoyed your meal there! I was working that night, and it *was* very busy indeed. We haven't slowed down much since then, which is a blessing, and we're very happy with the responce we've gotten. Our staff is broken in very well now, and everyone is getting very good at their jobs. I hope you'll come again sometime and see us. :)

Cheers!
JeanC said…
Hi Addie, thanks for stopping by.
Glad to hear everyone is settling in. We've been in a couple of times since for lunch, haven't been back in yet for dinner, but hope to sometime soon :)