Slowly getting better

My energy levels are still pretty tanked and I could use about 26-28 hours of sleep a night, but at least I am not trying to fall down every time I get up. I was right about changing my mind about dinner on Friday night, I was toast by the time I got off work, so hubby pan fried me a steak and I noshed on snackie stuff we got at the dollar store.

We hit Lewiston on Saturday, tho we didn't get down there until after 4pm. Hubby had a quick stop at a client's that turned into 2 and a half hours. Luckily it was a hotel and I sat in the lobby drinking tea and watched what there was of the Saturday Bristol race.

Hit Costco first thing and got lunch. I was able to eat most of two pieces of pizza, hubby had to finish what was left of my 2nd piece. I swear Costco has the best pizza around.

So we wandered thru Costco and picked up a few things, mostly cheese and supplements I am almost out of. Then we headed back to Lewiston and up the hill to the Canned Goods outlet, where I scored on a few things. Picked up a couple of rounds of brie for $3 each, some prosciutto for $3 and a couple packaged of rooibos tea. This is the red bush tea that the main character in the Ladies #1 Detective Agency books drinks. Quite tasty. We have got to shop there more often, if only for the cheeses.

Got home sometime after 7, we'd hit Safeway in Lewiston and picked up a few more groceries so we could get the 20 cents a gal discount for gas and gassed up fro $3.09 a gal. Gas is getting pretty high. Gas at Costco was the same as in Lewiston, which is generally not the case. Hit Winco once back and picked up the last of what we needed, spinach, crimini mushrooms and soda.

I sliced the criminis and sauteed them, then added some of the prosciutto and then the spinach and we had wraps for dinner. Last night I sliced the last of one roast we'd been working on and cooked those up in a skillet with some sweet onions and fajita seasoning. I added a few handfuls of the baby spinach we'd gotten on Sat and had wraps again. Quite yummy.

Yesterday I processed the chicken and the other two roasts and they are in the deep freeze. I didn't have the energy to do the burger we picked up at Safeway, hopefully I can get that made into whatever in the next couple of days. I don't think tonight, my energy is tanking again.

Did cheese and flour tortillas for lunch, my tummy hates me. I've got a corned beef in the crock pot, I'll add some pre-cooked potatoes I have in the deep freeze when I get home. No cabbage, we don't like cooked cabbage. I still have some spinach, so may make a salad to so with it.

Finish processing all the photos I did for my client, just have to burn the one set onto a CD and get that delivered. Have to resize the one set so they have a couple of options, with one set being ready to post on a website.

Comments

Drang said…
"Costco has the best pizza around"?!
Now you know why we don't visit you more often... VBEG
Come on by (Hey, it's only a few hundred miles!) and we'll take you to Fondi, just down the hill from us.
Chimera said…
"I swear Costco has the best pizza around."

Well, that explains why I've never been able to find pizza worth eating in the Palouse.

Seriously. You guys are deprived and you don't even know it.

Next time you're up here for a visit, we will take you either to Richmond or Maple Ridge for some truly amazing eating. Family-owned pizza places that make their own dough, their own sauces, and never heard of a "maximum" number of toppings (if it's in the kitchen, and it's edible, it can go on the pizza). You need a forklift to pick up a slice until you get used to the weight of it.

Trust me. I introduced you to Mongolie's, didn't I?
JeanC said…
Hehehe, for a slice of the best greasy, just the right spices and a bit of char on the crust, Costco has everyone beat hands down.

As for the best pizza anywhere, nothing comes close to Domilio's in Old Gaeta Italy. Wood oven baked, fresh tomato sauce and mozzarella made from water buffalo milk, everything else pales in comparison.
Chimera said…
Oh...well...if you're gonna insist on cheese made from water buffalo milk (but that's still only one cheese)...:lol: