Tripping merrily along.

Did do chicken and potatos for dinner last night, tho not as I planned. We hit Winco and picked up their fried chicken dinner meal: chicken, 2 sides and rolls. It was soooooo good and I didn't have to cook. I really didn't feel like anything except BLAH by the time I got off work, so that worked out.

We hid out in the bedroom and watched the Talladega race and ate fried chicken and had a nice relaxing evening.

I was seriously bummed Jeff Gordon has such a bad time, but the end of the race had me seeing red once hubby pointed out what happened. Last season hubby nicknamed Brian Vickers "Viscious Vickers" for some of the stunts he pulled. Well, he certainly lived up to hubby's expectations (or down to hubby's expectations as the case may be). That was a lousy thing to pull, esp on your own team mate and then try and claim it was accidental. Not when we watched the footage in slow motion. At one point while they were interviewing VV in the winners cirle, I suddenly realized what the crowd in the stands were chanting. My eyes went wide and I clamped my hand over my mouth. Hubby looked at me, listened to the TV carefully and asked "are they saying what I think they are saying?" To which I nodded with tears of laughter in my eyes.

I see there was a nasty accident in New York, a small aircraft hit an apartment buidling. They are now reporting that the plane belonged to Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle and they found his passport on the street below. Sad news for his family and friends. They are reporting one other possible death. Considering it could have been much worse. Very sad.

Excitement yesterday afternoon next door in the chemistry building. As I was coming back from break I realized the alarms over there were going off and noticed LOTS of people standing out side. Figured it was another minor incident invivling some fumes escaping and waited for the quieting of the alarms as son as the fire department showed up. Well, they showed up and the alrms kept going on and on and on. My office is right across the alley from the chem building and those alarms are LOUD! They finally got quiet and I thought people had gone back in. Well, comes 6pm and hubby picks me up and we drive by the building and I see there is still fire trucks and a bunch of guys standing around and LOTS of yellow tape. I ask hubby was happened and he said he'd seard there had been a small explosion in a lab and one person taken to the jospital. EEP!!!!!! Not good, hoping the person is not too badly injured, they have some nasty crap in those labs. Turns out they kept the building evacuated all night until 8 am this morning.

BTW, one of these days I WILL finish my post about our Canadian vacation.

Comments

Chimera said…
Okay, I'll bite -- what was the crowd chanting?

VV didn't start the thing about goin' up on his own teammate, though. Remember the Intimidator doing it to his own son?

Rubbin' is racin'.
Anonymous said…
The crowd was chanting "BULLS**T" loud enough to be picked up by the mike the sports guy had. I was rather surprised the network let it thru, tho I;m not sure what they could have done to keep from picking it up.

Didn't start watching NASCAR until this last year, so never saw Sr race.
Chimera said…
In that case, there's a book you might like to read -- St. Dale by Sharon McCrumb. It's a novel about a group of Nascar fans who get together on a tour of the race tracks, and each of them posthumously encounters Dale Sr. in various ways. I read it because I like McCrumb. It was my introduction to Nascar.

If you're not into buying it, try the library. You can get absolutely any book you're looking for through interlibrary loans...
Chimera said…
Dang. The above should read: "...each of them encounters the posthumous Dale Sr...."
Anonymous said…
Actually I read it when it first came out :D I quite liked it. It was good for explaining why everyone was so gaga over Sr, still don't like him that much tho. I tend to lean more for sportsmanship over bullying and smashing people out of the way to win at all costs. For me there is a big different between "shit happens" and we prove the rule that two solid objects can't occupy the same space at the same time and deliberately pushing someone out of your way to win. When Jeff does that I am as pissed at him as much as I am pissed at VV.

I LOVE Sharon McCrumb, esp "Bimbos of the Death Sun" :D