Jeeezzee, NAPTIME!!!

Hehehehehe, I've been fighting the sleepies since getting back from lunch. We had fajitas for dinner last night and I set aside some of the beef and brought leftovers for lunch (I can't do regular onions or bell peppers, both will do their darndest to kill me. Tummy can't deal with them real well). Heateds the tortillas up in the microwave, then the meat and then topped them with sour cream and a mexican cheese blend.

Finished St Dale during lunch, it was very good (tho I did have to do a google on the guy in the straw hat mentioned towards the end but who wasn't named, not bad tho. I got just about all the other references). Luckily I'd packed another book in my bag. So I started Fleshmarket Alley (the British title is Fleshmarket Close) by Ian Rankin. A very different novel from what I just finished.

Weather is very sunny and warm, tho someone was mentioning rain tonight. Since they keep predicting it and when we do get some it doesn't amount to much I am not holding my breath. The gov of Washington has already declared a drought emergency and I expect Idaho will be doing so soon. I do hope we start getting some significant precipitation soon, I've my garden all planned and I don't want to have to deal with lack of water. We are considering someway to trap our gray water, will talk with a friend this weekend and see if he has any ideas for a cheap easy way to do so. Then I can water my gardens with the water from the kitchen and bathroom (I don't think we can tap the washing machine drain unless is meets up with the kitchen/bathroom pipes). If we can, there will be plenty of water to use.

I'm going to get my big boy tomato starts into the larger peat pots and then figure out a way to get another shelf up to keep them on.

Haven't much planned for the weekend. I hope we can do a bit of geocaching. Hubby got a long antenna for the GPS. Makes is easier for me to hold and read it while in the car. it is a low profile antenna that has a mag mount for the top of the car and an 8 ft cable. The accuracy we get with the GPS now is fantastic.

The only other thing we have going is the Buffett buffet on Sunday. We get together with our neighbor and firends every once in a while and do a decadant brunch. This year we'd planned it for January or early Feb when the snow was on the ground and the weather icky. Well, no snow and the weather was fairly nice and we didn't get around to planning the thing until recently. Still going for the Jimmy Buffett/tiki/Caribean theme anyways. Hubby and I picked up a couple grass skirts, a fake parrot and in inflatable palm tree over in Portland. Now I just have to figure out what we are going to fix. I'm thinking yorksire puddings we can top with jelly and jam and other sweet goodies. Will try and see if I can make ice cream out of chocolate soy milk and then I have the mini-meringues I bought at Trader Joes, They should be decandant enough :D

Speaking of tiki, since I am slowly decorating my kitchen to be 50s influenced, we are going to get variou 50s tiki stuff and do up the bar in that. Should look cool when I get done (eventually hehehehe).

Comments