It's FRIDAY!!!!!!! Okay not really, but it is for me

During the summers I take payday Fridays off and tomorrow will be my first 3 day weekend off for the summer. I've got so much annual leave built up this barely makes a dent in it, so I've got to figure out a time to take a big chuck off and take an actual vacation (not that we could afford to go anywhere, gas is up to $2.19 a gallon).

LGC (little girl cat) is settling in nicely, tho we think KiKi had been pounding on her last night. Hubby got up about 5 am and found her behind my computer and KiKi laying in wait. So we'll make sure LGC comes to bed with us until she's big enough to fight back, tho she is holding her ground better then we thought.

She is finally eating, tho I did have to fight her for my piece of pork roast hehehehehe. I was sitting on the couch and she came over and sniffed my plate. I do have her kitty dish with her kitten food in it next to me (partly to make sure KiKi doesn't snarf down the kitten's food), but she usually sniffs it and walks away. She sniffed my dinner and layed right into it. Ever seen a grown human trying to remove a 1.8 pound kitten from one's dinner? It is funnier then heck and she has a very loud growl. I cut a couple small pieces of it for her and put it in her bowl and plopped her in front of it. She tucked right in, ate most of the pork and then wandered off to play. This morning I put in a little bit of canned food in her dish and she snarfed it up right away, along with some crunchies.

Now if I can just get her to use the litter box. We use Good Mews in ours (love the stuff, if you forget to scoup for a few days, you never know. The odor control is that good), but she is used to the clumping litter (I checked with the neighbors), so we'll get some of that and add that to the Good Mews until she gets used to what we use.

Finally got the lawn mowed. Tried on Monday after work, but the lawn mower blew oil halfway across the driveway when I started it up and our old one is cranky and didn't want to start. So borrowed the other neightbors and got it done right before the thunderstorm hit. It got cut shorter then I'd like, but with all the rain we'll be getting it will grow out fast.

Hopefully between rain storms I'll get some of my seedlings into the ground. I'm now giving serious consideration of ripping up a strip of lawn next to the parking pad and making a flower garden. My neighbor we got LGC from is doing that and giving me lots of ideas . She is planting roses, but I am thinking poppies and columbines and some native flowers.

Comments