Monday again

Had a very good weekend

Friday I did take off a couple hours early, so got a bit of gardening done. Got the lettuce seeds in the ground and got some of the edging put in around the garden space. The edging is the kind that you DON'T have to pre-dig a slot for, but with our ground I found that using a small folding shovel did the trick. That stuff AIN'T going to pop out of the ground any time soon

Sat just puttered about, we did some shopping. Big disapointment in Shopko tho, no bathing suits at all in plus sizes Did pick up a couple of new pillows tho, which is good as we still have company coming on Wed and what extra pillows we have are pretty trashed and old.

Went out and checked the beer. Ooooooooo, it is turning out nice Still a little rough, just needs to age another week or two and it will be perfect. Hubby has named it "Jean's Ye Olde no.1 Ale" Next batch we are going to try is an oatmeal stout. We've a friend who is allergic to wheat and loves stout (I don't know why, stuff tastes like you're drinking dirt to me ), so we figure we'll whip up a batch for her so she can enjoy a brew with the rest of us.

Sunday I retrieved our friend who does laundry at our place. We hit Winco and she picked up a ham for dinner and a few other things. I picked up a ham also, at 88 cents a pound it was a good deal. Got eggs to, I love to make what I call messy omlets for weekend breakfasts and the occasional dinner. I can't seem to make an omlet to save my life and I have a very nice omlet pan. So I just make scrambled eggs and add stuff to it instead. May not look as pretty, but it sure tastes good

I finally moved that oregano plant from my front flower garden to the side flower garden. Came up easy, but jeeze, sucker weighted 20 pounds with the rootball and dirt and all. Now I just have to get in and dig up all the little starts that came off it. Got half of the flower bed cleaned up of lasts years dead stuff and sprinkled in some poppy seeds and some seeds from native wildflowers. Should look really nice when they come up. I'm not one for a neat organized flower bed, I like everything mixed in in a riot of color.

Finally got to see the kittens Hubby has been screaming conspiracy ever since. He's a big ol' softie when it comes to kittens. Two of the kittens are already claimed (neighbors are keeping one and the little orange one is going to a friend). If the 3rd kitten is a girl we'll be taking her. We like to keep feline numbers even and balanced between the sexes.

Comments