ACCK! August already!!!!

Where has the summer gone! What summer we did have. I've only 2 more Fridays off, then school starts again. The students are already trickling back into town. Saw a couple of the sororities were opening up.

Too hot this week. We ended up with take out from the Winco deli (big sandwich for hubby and a garlic pepper rotisserie chicken for me), chips and yogurt and hid in the bedroom with the AC and Brisco County Jr last night. Supposed to be a little cooler today, but I expect it will be a repeat of last night. Have to figure out what to do with leftover rotisserie chicken that don't need to be cooked. Chicken salad in steamed in the microwave corn tortillas I think.

Went to Moose Creek for fishing on Saturday. Nice day out, but fishing sucked. Too weedy to fish properly and since we aren't into bass fishing, not worth it. Hubby caught a couple of trout, one went back as it was too small. He did catch a fairly large blue gill and we kept it. So I did have fish for dinner, the other trout and a bite of blue gill.

Definitely not worth taking the boat back there. We do want to take it up to Elk River and camp and fish there. It has been a long time since we've been there. Still want to do Dworshak, but until we get the gas motor fixed or replace will skip that.

Didn't realize until we got back to shore how hot it was out there. Again we made sure we had plenty of water, sports drink, sunscreen, hats and shades. Still got too much sun. Sunday we were pretty dead. I was supposed to go to Lammas, but moving was a little too much.

Got one of those magic screens for the front door, now we can have it open and not play door person for the kitties, even tho they have free access thru the back window, they insist on going to the front door and demanding to be let out that way. Cats!

Comments

plantfreek said…
If I might make a comment on your blog that I mean in no way to offend you but in the way of advice. As a graphic designer I often see things I think will enhance the readability of web pages. I came upon your blog by way of looking for a canning recipe for cole slaw and I enjoyed your pithy comments-quite humorous the way you describe the Spokane Hotel etc. I enjoyed it much. Anyway, if you were to change your background color from the grayish color it is, your white type would show up much better and be easier on the eyes of your readers. I found it very hard to read. I'm older and even with glasses the type isn't differentiated from the background. Anyway just a word of advice. On the other hand,it seems we ave a lot of interests in common not the least of which are fishing and photography. I have a sunset picture taken off the dock of our property in Florida and you would be amazed at how much they look alike! Okay that's it. All I wanted to say. Have a great day.
Chris (iluvs2fish@gmail.com) in Indiana
JeanC said…
No offense taken :) I tend to change my blog colors on a regular basis, usually in response to the seasons, tho this last time around it was based on my mood :P It is about time to play with colors again.

Glad you enjoyed my blog :)