Ugh! Monday again

Seriously going to miss my 3 day weekends, this weekend went way too fast and didn't get a whole lot done.

I did manage to whip up a batch of homemade oatmeal cookies:


Oatmeal cookies


Serious yummage. Going to have to make more soon.

Went to the drag show on Saturday night. Hubby was designated river and we took a friend. Had a nice time, the acts were great. Tried out my new camera on several different setting (sports and party). Definitely need more practice taking photos indoors, esp with the people are moving a lot.

Had one pic that didn't come out very well, so I decided to play with Gimp to see what I could do with it. The pic was at extreme zoom and rather dark. I played with the brightness and contrast and then ran it thru several different filters. Tried it first with the cubism filter, didn't quite care for it, then tried the oil painting filter. Came out pretty cool (at least I think so):


Miss Claudia in oil


Dinner last night was roasted chicken. I split the chicken in half, seasoned it with seasoned salt and Johnny's garlic seasoning with a sprinkle of white balsamic vinegar. Still have half of it for dinner tonight.

Woke up freezing this morning and I had closed up the house last night (well, the kitty window was open, but that has heavy fabric covering it). May have to look at making the kitties come in at night and closing that, but I am a little reluctant to as Tigger is still being a very shy kitty and I don't want him to think he is getting locked out. Have to redouble my efforts to get him to come in while we are up and about.

I am so not ready for cold weather, I hope things warm up a bit for a while longer. I don't want to have to start sealing up the house this early in the year.

Comments