SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

The hubby surprised me after work today:

lumix


I've been needing a new point and shoot camera, my poor old Nikon Coolpix is ailing. We'd gotten a coupon book from Costco the other day and they had the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH20 on sale. We'd planned on looking at it then next time we went to Costco, but in the meantime we'd looked it up on the web and found favorable reviews.

So my sneaky hubby went an bought me one. I am so loving it. It has lots of great features and will a good replacement for my Coolpix and I can save up for the DSLR camera I would like to eventually upgrade to (once I figure out which one. SO many cameras, so little money LOL!).

One of the fun features is being able to shoot in black and white:

substation


eastside


Managed to get some nice pics of Phoebe, who is a very hard kitty to get pictures of (unlike Rum Tum):

phoebe


phoebeB&W


I can't wait to try all the other features and settings and see what I can do with it.

Comments

Drang said…
Nice pix of Basement Cat. Ratbane will sit still, but the power of Basement Cat prevents the pictures from turning out well. (Except the one where he's glowering at the camera, which I like anyway...)

WV: under. really. The power of Basement Cat strikes again!
Idaho Dad said…
That's a nice camera! You know, it's getting to where the point-and-shoots are just as good (or better) than some of the DSLRs.

I know for a fact that I get better pictures with my little Canon S90 than some of the pros for the simple reason I can keep mine in my pocket no matter where I go. And they can't. :)
JeanC said…
I know a lot of professional photographers who always carry a point and shoot just for those times they can't bring along their DSLR cameras. I know when I finally get the one I want, my little point and shoot is staying with me at all times (it only because it is nice and fast and no futzing with lenses for those really quick shots LOL).

My little Lumix only takes a couple minutes to set up some of the scene modes with the setting s I want and I don't have to worry about it later.