FINALLY! I thought this week would NEVER end!

Just have to finish getting thru today and I can collapse for a couple of days.

I have an appointment tomorrow to get my hair whacked off. It has gotten way too long and has been driving me nuts. Hubby won't let me do it myself anymore (honestly, I do do a good job of it, it is just the last time the scissors weren't the best in the world and it was only a little bit ragged in back. Hubby was able to clean it up nicely!) and when I start threatening to grab the scissors, he comes up with the money out of the budget to get it done at a regular salon.

I'm going to go for really short with bangs. I usually do, but this time I am determined not to chicken out and have them cut it longer then I planned on, I am going shorter then usual. So we will see how it goes.

Hubby felt like finger food for dinner last night, so I thawed out some boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I'd already planned on them, just not how I was going to fix them, probably baked with something on the side), made chicken fingers, then tossed them with some flour and seasoning and then onto baking sheets. I sprayed the sheets with cooking spray and then the chicken fingers (note to self, need more cooking spray). Baked them until golden brown and delish and then served them with a couple different kinds of salad dressings as dipping sauces. One was a honey mustard and the other was a blend of creamy ranch and creamy Caesar as we didn't have enough ranch. Was very yummy and hit the spot nicely. I was originally considering deep frying, but really didn't want to go to all that effort, I was too tired and wanted easy. So this worked out nicely. Now I have something else to make for race day munchies LOL! Have to see if this is something I can do well a head of time and then freeze, pop in the oven to thaw and crisp up and have easy snacks.

Scored a really nice deal for my Palm Pilot. Somehow I managed to lose the stylus (it has a habit of popping out at the most inconvenient times) and while looking for replacements, came across a package that had 2 styluses, a case (it said soft case), a USB power/data cable and some plastic protection sheets, all for about $10. So we ordered it and it came the other day.

REALLY nice, the "soft" case is not really soft, more like a faux leather covered hard case the palm clips into and now I can charge it up at work. At home I have a cradle I use, but that is not really portable (well it is, but a royal pain). The styluses are a bit tight to get in and out, so while that can be a pain, I should be able to avoid losing them in the future LOL.

Speaking of my Palm, I am currently on the 5th book of the Belisarius series by Erick Flint and David Drake. We have the 1st two in paperback, got the 3rd & 4th for free thru Baen Books and picked up the last two as a single package for $6 from Baen. As much as I prefer reading the real thing, if I can't get my hands on a paper copy, I am SOOOOOO glad Baen has the electronic option and I can read it on my Palm.

We'd hoped to maybe get some fishing in this weekend, but the weather is looking like it won't cooperate:

Saturday: Scattered snow showers, mainly before 10am. Snow level rising to 3100 feet. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. West wind between 9 and 16 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Sunday looks better, but still chilly, so no fishing (luckily I still have fish left int he deep freeze from last year so I can at least have some nice trout for dinner one night).

Comments