SQUEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only is it Friday, I harvested my first ever potatoes last night!!!!

My harvest


Cleaned up goodness


These are the ones I grew in the garbage can:

Potato bin


Granted I didn't get many, but I proved the concept and next year I will know better what I am doing. I plan on at least 3 more bins and a couple more varieties of potato. The ones I grew this year are:

Yukon Gold

Yukon Gold


and Red Norland

Red Norland


I tossed the smaller ones in with the roast I did last night. The two largest ones will be for another meal:

YUM!!!!!!


They were very yummy.

Speaking of yummy, look what I got in the mail yesterday:

Chana Masala spice


Thanks Dame Janus!!!! I can't wait to try it this weekend.

Chana Masala spice


I'll soak up a big batch of chick peas as I also want to make some falafel so I can make patties to take for lunches next week.

Not sure I will do any painting this weekend. Have to see how things go. I would like to try and get some fishing is at some point if hubby is feeling up for it. If not, then paint I will. Would be nice to have the green completely gone.

Comments

Janus Bellator said…
Awright! It arrived safely! *whew* I had visions of some customs officer thinking it might be something far less innocent and delicious than it is, and preventing it from getting to you.

Let us know how it turns out.