Serious yummers!

chicken & chickpeas


I was trying to figure out what to do for dinner last night, so I looked in the pantry to see what I had. I found a can of chickpeas that hadn't been turned into hummus, so I had googled recipes with chicken and chickpeas and found several that looked yummy. For the most part I didn't have a lot of the ingredients listed, so I decided to wing a simple one of my own and this is what I came up with. I am so looking forward to lunch leftovers.

I'm going to have to look for more recipes using turmeric, this was yummy, but my only complaint is I now have yellow stains on my Corelle plates that doesn't want to come out (I think it may be bleach the plates time). Also going to have to look for more recipes I can use chickpeas in. I had picked up some dried a while back and I need to use them at some point.

So glad the snow is almost gone today, I was NOT a happy camper yesterday morning with the snow fall. At least it stopped by the afternoon and the sun came out for a while. Rained like crazy last night.

Our car is in the shop today. It started making noises in 1st gear and they worked their way up to 2nd and 3rd gear. Our mechanic says it is the clutch and we probably won't get it back for a day or two.

SIGH!!!!!!

Fingers crossed the fix will come in a lot less money then he estimated. Car repairs are not really in the budget right now so things will be tight for a while. Good thing I have plenty of dried beans and rice so we won't starve anytime soon LOL.

Still working on designs for Purple Ducky Designs which is a year old this month. I can't believe I've been at this a whole year and I am starting to make money from it (which a lot of very successful shops didn't do the first year they were open). I've been having fun with it and have met a lot of really nice shopkeepers who I've gotten lots of good advice from. I think that is why I was able to do as well as I did, since I really had no clue as to what I was doing in the first place when I opened my first free shop way back when. I am so glad I took their advice and opened a pro shop as that made all the difference in bringing in customers and traffic.

Definitely looking forward to the next year and the designs I can come up with.

Comments

Chimera said…
That chicken with chick peas looked so much like butter chicken, my mouth started to water. And only a few days ago, we had biryani and balti with garlic naan!

I just recently picked up a seasoning mix to go with chick peas. I haven't tried it, yet, but it contains coriander, salt, dried mango, pomegranate seeds (!), chili, cumin, musk melon, black pepper, black salt (?), fenugreek leaves, cloves, mint, nutmeg, dry ginger, cinnamon, bay leaf, cardamom, ammomum (?) seeds, caraway, and mace. Whew!

So any or all of those spices will go well with chick peas. And I always add chopped tomatoes -- ripe or green -- to any curry dishes. You can also add cashews and raisins. Baby corn. Green beans. Red bell pepper. Anything at all, really.

Dammit, now I'm really hungry! LOL!
JeanC said…
That is a serious ingredients list! I'll have to experiment with some of them that I can lay my hands on. I would like to make a dish with chickpeas that is vegetarian as I am working on getting more veggie dishes into rotation to help on grocery costs.

I had ramen for lunch so just looking at this post has me starving again LOL. Thank goodness I pulled the lentil chili I'd made a while back out of the deep freeze last night to thaw i the fridge.
Chimera said…
Vegetarian dishes are easy to make up if you remember two things: color variations are essential so it looks delicious; and, the three main categories of vegetable proteins are legumes, nuts, and grains -- any two of those three will make a complete protein.

So if you add rice to a bean dish, you have your complete protein and the only thing you have to decide is what colors you want the rice and beans to be.

And I recently got seriously hooked on tamarind sauce. Oh my, the flavor! I even found a tea blend that has it (Thai cha-yen)!