%&^$^##(!!!!!!

I'm back on the cane, this time for my LEFT knee.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It started giving me grief a couple days ago and by the time I got off work on Wednesday it was popping every time I walked. Then it started locking up on me and the tendons in the back of the knee hurt like hell. I am not a happy camper. We think it is because I've been favoring the right knee for so long that the left one felt left out and decided to act up.

Didn't help matters much this morning when hubby wasn't feeling well enough to drive me to work, so I had to. I am giving real serious thought to getting a car with automatic transmission. I was in serious pain driving in and operating the clutch. OWWW!!!!!!

Oh well, I'll be heading home at lunch to give hubby the car and then he'll drive me back to work. He has a client this afternoon and is feeling lots better.

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've a friend coming by this afternoon to look at the swamp cooler on top of the trailer and get some measurements so we can get that removed and the hole sealed up. It will be nice to not have the heat escaping up out of it (even tho we seal it up with reflectix on the inside) and have rain leaking in. He will also help us when it comes time to replace the front and back doors.

Very chilly this morning, but no frost on the car so that was nice. NOAA was showing possible rain or snow this morning, I was NOT please to see the "S" word, I am so not ready for it.

Not sure if I will be able to get out an paint anything this weekend, we'll see. I do want to at least test out the paint sprayer so we can see if it works.

Comments

Drang said…
General observations: I broke the lovely wooden collapsible cane we bought in Victoria, BC, several years ago, so I've started carrying a cheap $20 aluminum thing I bought @ Fred Meyers.

Favoring one portion of the body almost inevitably means "the other/opposite one" will be hurting soon.

Manual transmissions are for young people. That sounds stupid, until you get Old Knees. Or, if you prefer, Veteran Knees. (Or both,in my case. AKA Drang Knees...)
Nan said…
Sorry to hear you're limping again. Hope it turns out to just be a short term aggravation.
JeanC said…
In regards to the manual transmission, hubby says he will give up his when they pry it from his cold dead feet LOL. But it something we are going to have to give serious thought about.

nan, I am hoping this is a temp situation, I need to start working on getting both knees back into shape. As d.w. said, favor one, the other will start hurting and I really should have known better since I did have problems with the left before when I kept favoring the right before the operation :P