Eating out and about

Forgot to mention inthe last post we had lunch at Dick's Drive In in Spokane when we were up there on Friday. If you haven't ever experienced Dick's, I HIGHLY recommend it next time you are in Spokane and want some good eats from a nice little joint.

Dick's is a place that MUST be experienced and I have been experiencing it for quite a while. When they had InCon at a motel near by for a couple of years, I'd wander over to Dick's for some eats and then back to the Con.

Dick's doesn't have any inside seating, so you eat at one of the picnic tables that are outside or in your car. Sitting at the tables is fun since you get to watch the sorriest looking sparrows on earth looking for food. I should mention that most nutritionists would have a coronary if they thought about what people eat at Dick's.

Dick's is located on the corner of Division and 3rd and you can't miss the sign:

Dicks Drive In, Spokane WA


You walk up to the counter to order and they have a pretty good menu and really good prices:

Menu


Yes, that lists a shake for $1.45 and malts for $1.64. They have the best malts anywhere. The bar on the window cuts it off a bit, but their burgers are 87 cents. As I said, their prices are great.

One really neat thing is the counter people don't write down your order. I have yet to get a wrong order, even when we've ordered for a large group. I wish I had that kind of memory LOL.

So I ordered the Whammy:

Whammy


with fries:

Whammy and Fries


The Whammy was delish. 2 patties, 2 cheese with ketchup, mustard and pickles, no onions (you can have it the way you like):

YUM!!!!!


Hubby got some onion rings, so I had a few:

Onion rings


and he got tarter sauce which were good with the onion rings and very yummy with the fries:

Fries and tarter sauce


So give Dick's a try if you are ever in Spokane.

Dick's Hamburgers on Urbanspoon

Comments

Drang said…
Mmmmm, Dicks....
Although apparenlty the Dicks Drive In in Spokane is not owned by the same folks who own the ones in Seatle.

I wonder which one is referred to in the t-shirt I've seen women wearing that says "Forget Hooters, I like Dicks!" {vbeg}
JeanC said…
Yup, different owners between the two.

Great t-shirt, I'll have to check out the ones at Dick's the next time I am there, I only saw the one for sale, but I didn't get out of the car and I know there was another one hanging up on the other end of the counter.
Jim said…
OMG Jean that food looked good! Hell I could almost taste it. LOL That make be worth cross continental trip to Spokane.
JeanC said…
Jim, it is worth the trip over. One of these days I will get to Effie's in Lewiston and get a picture of an Effie burger, a fantastically HUGE burger on a special made bun. Now THAT is definitely worth driving over for hehehehehe.