WHEW!!!! Very busy weekend

Took Friday off, will be taking payday Fridays off for the next little while until I figure out my leave balances and such. I don't want to use up all my annual leave too fast now that I've whittled it down from the cap. I might take every Friday off in July and August. I don't think I'll have enough to do a whole week this year since I want to have time off over Thanksgiving and Christmas and we are also going to a friend's wedding on the Oregon Coast in November, so I need time off for that.

We went to Lewiston for shopping and had lunch at the new IHOP. Very, very yummy. I had the Big Country Breakfast since I was in a brekkie mood and OOOHHHHHH it was good. Had it with the chicken fried steak and gravy. Hubby had the monster burger and said it was quite good. Our friend who went with us had an omelet that she enjoyed. Will have to go back again and try the other goodies on the menu.

It was pretty hot in the Valley, I kept trying to stay in the coolers at Costco. Heat and having a private Bahamian vacation don't mix. Hubby kept telling me I now know how he feels all the time LOL. Picked up kitty food, chicken and a few other odds and sods. Gassed up at Costco, tho we should have gone out the the Rez, gas there was cheaper. Prices in Lewiston are pretty much the same as up here.

Got back home, unloaded and headed over to Pullman to look at a hide-a-bed that was on Craigslist, ended up buying it. We went back on Saturday with our friend and her station wagon to get it. Got it into the house on Sunday after moving stuff around and getting another body to help carry it. It is a bit bigger then I thought, so have to move end tables around and such. But it will be better for guests as the futon is not as comfortable as it could be (and a pain to turn into a bed and visa versa). I'm giving serious consideration on jettisoning the futon and getting a couple of comfy chairs for guests to sit on.

The kitties are loving the warm weather, getting them back in a night is getting difficult. Phoebe and Rum Tum stayed out last night, not for lack of me hollering from the porch. Phoebe was rather ticked this morning when she came in tho, I wasn't there to let her in when SHE wanted in earlier LOL. Since we smelled skunk the other night I have been bringing the kitty food in at night, so poor baby didn't have any food to munch.

Speaking of ticked, someone dragged in another tick. I have my suspicions, but the guilty party (long haired BIG kitty who loves to spend all his time in the horse corral in the long grass) will remain nameless. Discovered said tick when I went to bed and felt something on my back. Hubby looked, told me to not move and got the tweezers.

AAAAUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I hate ticks. Luckily this one wasn't in too deep, tho deep enough to take some skin with it when hubby pulled it off. Said tick is now in alcohol, just in case. Looked up tick bites on the CDC site and showed hubby pics of bulls eye rashes, just in case. It wasn't on me really long enough, but, just in case.

So we will get our hands on some tick stuff for kitties and they ALL are getting dosed, I don't want anymore of those icky creepy crawlies near me.

It has been very nice having more of the house opened for fresh air. We unsealed the bedroom window and actually slept with it open the last couple of nights, tho it is going to be cooler then next few days. We were seriously considering putting the air conditioners in, but it is still too early for that, at least in the bed room, we may install the one in the office.

Saturday did get too hot, both hubby and I melted and didn't get much done outside of retrieving the couch and my going after the metal on the utility trailer with a wire brush in the drill. We did pick up some liquid that turns the rust that is left into an inert material that I can paint over. We are going to do a zebra pattern on it when we get the plywood installed, so I am painting the frame black to start.

Had to cut some of the rusted on bolts, so did that on Sunday with the dremel. Discovered why you don't grab the bolts right away after dremeling. I'd broken the cutting wheel and thought I could just break the bolt off, there wasn't much left. Those things are HOT!!!!! Got a nice blister on my right thumb today, at least it has stopped hurting.We finished getting the last of the old plywood off the frame and hosed it down good and once it dried I applied the stuff. Tonight (maybe) I will go after it with the black spray paint and then hopefully this next weekend we can look at plywood.

I need to re-offer a few things on the free exchange, tho I just may say the heck with it and haul them off to the Sally Ann since they didn't go the first time. Probably do that this weekend.

Not a clue what I am fixing for dinner as yet, tho I do have that chicken from Costco and some boxed potato stuff, so may toss a few pieces in a baking dish with some seasonings and do that. Simple. We did pizza last night for dinner, so had leftovers for lunch today.

I did get my fishing/hunting license this weekend, so hopefully we'll go out soon to catch fish. Just gotta gather up all the gear and get it in the car, so we can head out after I get off work.

Very achy today, may look at a hot bath when I get home. Pity there isn't a hot tub place available, I could use a seriously good soak in one.

Comments