Le Frelling BRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to freeze to death and if they don't get the *%&$^# ventilation system fixed I am starting a fire under my desk.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

I was warmer at home when the furnace was out, this is getting completely and totally ridiculous!

I hate cold and the cold, windy icky weather outside isn't helping matters much.

Had lots of fun on my field trip on Friday, took lots of pics and got some video footage. Not sure I am going to get much video of fish, but I should have some good shots of the Great Blue Heron that flew over. But until my hubby gets my windows machine put back together, I can't download my vid (unless I grab the fire wire card and download it to my laptop).

Kind of funny, I was wandering around outside at the fish hatchery without a jacket. Everyone else was bundled up. I finally figured out I was having my own personally Bahama vacation hehehehehehehe (code words for HOT FLASHES!!!!). I guess they do come in handy LOL.

Spent a fairly quiet weekend. A friend turned 50 this week, so we hung out at her place Saturday night. Picked her up some Cowgirl chocolates (lime tequila) and a nice bottle of GOOD tequila.

Yesterday didn't get a whole lot done either. Met some friends for lunch at the Chinese buffet and then they popped over afterwards and we had a visit.

Did manage to get a little more caught up on housework, but the place still looks like I just need to burn it to the ground and rebuild LOL.

Nicky has taken to sleeping right between me and hubby, when he isn't sleeping on one of us or at his feet. Hubby thinks he may be feeling a bit out of sorts now that he is top kitty.

Phoebe is going to need to go in for her editing soon (or as someone on the Good Eats fan page boards put it "reproductively renovated"). She hasn't been showing any signs of going into heat (thank the Goddess. Did that once with Hilary kitty. NEVER again!), but there has been an unedited male hanging about looking VERY attentive. Scrapper has been running him off. Not sure if he thinks he has designs on Phoebe (boy is he going to be surprised!) or else is very protecting of his little sister's virtue. Or possibly he just doesn't like having unedited males on his territory. What ever the reason, he's been coming home with owies from running them off. But we are rapidly getting to the point where Phoebe is going to stay locked in the house until we can get her into the vets.

Picked up a turkey for thanksgiving. Got it at Safeway, we are considering getting another one since they are 59 cents a pound for the time being. It is a 22 lb bird, so that will give us plenty of leftovers. Going to have a low key turkey day. My mom isn't coming out this year, my brother is going up to her place. We'd hoped to drive out and join them, but gas prices have gotten to the point we aren't going anywhere unless we absolutely have to.

So we probably have a friend over and have him bring his board game (I'm completely blanking on the name. It is the one we played over 4th of July) and game and eat and kick back and relax. I do want to have all the fixin's, but I won't quite make as much as I usually would (yeah right, I will so I can have a ton of leftovers BWAHAHAHAHAHA!).

Finally decided what I will be doing my paper on, just have to write up a quick proposal to turn into the prof tomorrow night.

Comments