Happy Día de los Muertos!

I've been reading more about this holiday and finding it a neat way of dealing with death and the passing of ones loved ones. Some sadness, but lots of happy celebrations of the person's life.

Hope everyone had a nice Halloween. As usual, no little ghosts, goblins, pirates or fairy princesses out our way. WAAHHHHH!!!!!!! I haven't given out trick or treats in so long I've forgotten how it is done.

SNIFF!!!!!!!

Actually had al1 4 kitties in the house last night, tho Scrapper wanted out 10 minutes after coming in. I put my foot down and told him he was staying in and spending the evening with the whole family. So he settled himself into the penthouse of the kitty condo for the night. Nicky isn't stalking and pouncing on him quite as often, so maybe he's finally learning Scrapper is here to stay.

Phoebe is getting so big, tho she still isn't jumping up high to get to places. She's work out a way to climb up on other things to get to where she wants (usually the kitchen counters when i am cutting up meat and she's decided THAT'S what she wants for dinner LOL). She's been getting flying lessons when she does that.

If they don't get the heating/air circulation system in this building fixed soon, I am going to build a nice little fire in my trash can to keep by my desk for warmth. I should not be having to wear my fleece jacket to stay warm and I am giving serious consideration of putting on my gloves. And to top it off, there is no hot water in the bathrooms, which means I can run my hands under it to warm up that way.

Speaking of heat, hubby thinks the electric furnace is on the fritz again. Explains while the programmable thermostat was set for 68F the temp in the hallway was 60F. I'm beginning to wonder if we just need to break down and get a new one. I'm pretty sure this one was original to the house when it was built, back in 1973, so it is probably giving up the ghost. Maybe it is time to start shopping around to see what we can get and start saving up. In the meantime, if it is on the fritz and it is gong to be a while before the repair guy can come out, we at least have the kerosene heaters to keep the house warm.

Don't think I did too well on my test the other night. My mind just froze up and while I wrote something, I don't think it was what he wants. Good thing I do have a paper to do where I can make up for what is lacking on the tests. I don't do well at all on tests, unless they are take home where I have the time to think things out and put them down on paper in a coherent manner.

Hubby had an electromylo-thingy procedure yesterday, so I had the day off to take him down to Lewiston for it. It wasn't as bad an experience as it was the last time he had it done when they were testing for carpel tunnel. He was miserable after that one. But this time around he felt a little better, tho he was sore and achy and only a little miserable afterwards. But the good news is there is no neural damage in his legs, so hopefully the &%^$ insurance company will okay the rest of the spine MRI his doctor wants, instead of only a cervical MRI which is the wrong area.

Still haven't heard back on the results of my tests on Monday, hopefully soon.

Comments