The theory is good

Now to see if it hold up in real life, my gutters on the porch roof that is. It is raining today and hopefully there is water cascading thru the little bit of downspout I have up. We're still working out the rain barrel part of the system and don't have anything hooked up. I won't get to see if it is working for a while since it will be dark when I get home, but since we are expecting rain for the next few days, I'll hopefully get to see.

We were going thru websites on making rain barrels and have a good idea of what we need to do. I'm going to make sure I can add new barrels to the system as I get them so I can have lots of storage.

Finally had to bring the dieffenbachia to work in order to save its life. Phoebe has decided it makes a wonderful bed and the poor thing was being bent out of shape. Not to mention Scrapper bouncing around in the pot while he was busy trying to finish destroying the kitchen blinds in his efforts to convince me he was going to die in the next 30 seconds if he didn't get out side (where upon he would cry piteously that he was a poor starving kitty locked out of the house!).

CATS!!!

Hehehehehe.

Speaking of cats, I think Rum Tum has decided he lives with us after all. He came in early yesterday and only attempted to go out once (but since I'd just gotten home I wanted to keep him in). Got some cute pics of him sacked out on the bed, so will get those posted soon.

I go in to see my doc in the morning. Had blood work drawn yesterday for my thyroid levels. Be interesting to see what they say. I'm suspecting I've slide into hypo land from the way I feel and the way my hair has gone pretty dry and brittle. I've been a bad girl and stopped taking my meds several weeks ago because of even more hypo like symptoms. Haven't seen what the results of the last blood draw were from a couple of months ago, so will ask to see those. I am hoping the blood work from yesterday is ready. I was supposed to have it done last week, but the gal who does it was gone and I didn't feel like having it done at the hospital by some stranger, so I opted for yesterday morning. Had to have it drawn from the back of my right hand, since the veins in my arm decided to not cooperate. Normally it only stings a little, but yesterday it hurt like hell, but there is no bruising. So I am putting the owie down to it being Monday since the gal is usually painless when she sticks me.

Dinner last night was trout. Hubby had a big lunch at the chinese buffet, so he wasn't hungry. I pan fried them in a bit of bacon grease and coated them with some flour and cornmeal with seasoning. Very yummy. Had to fight Phoebe off, she REALLY wanted my fish, but I wasn't going to share. It was mine, all mine hehehehehe

George 2nd gave us a scare this morning. He was attached to the filter and not moving, so I poked him. He swam off in a huff. I finally got used to him being onthe filter, but he is usually moving around. Have to see if I still have any zucchini in good enough shape so he can have some. I'm feeding him a 1/4 piece of algae tab every couple of days and he vacuums up whatever flakes the others don't get, so I am hoping I am feeding him enough. The tank is really spotless, so he does need the extra food.

Here is some vid of George and a couple of the others:


Comments