Poor KiKi!

She went in for her last visit with the study vet and they called to say she was dehydrated. She'd been feeling poorly, as I've mentioned before. I knew her appetite was off, but didn't realize she wasn't drinking any water. So they are going to give her an IV before sending her home. They are also sending her home with a big bag of the miracle food they had her on at the start, so she will be getting that and any extra canned food we can get our hands on. The food isn't available commercially, so I hope to find out for sure what the anti-oxidant components are and get those when the food runs out. J gave me some pouched food her kitties won't eat when I popped over to pick up the kitty carrier, KiKi snarfed that up quickly. She was so into it, she ignored Phoebe who poked her head into the dish to try and get some.

Now I just want to run over to Pullman to be with my poor kitty!

ETA:
Hubby had more news from the vet. KiKi's kidneys are fine, they are worried about her liver. She is jaundiced and they think there may be some kind of infection. So they are keeping her 24-48 hours on IV and antibiotics and talking 50-50 on how things go. She lapped up the chicken stock they offered her, so that is a good sign.

Hubby told them we are interested in quality of life for KiKi, so we see what things are in a day or two. The vet also said they think KiKi is 12 years old, which is 4-5 years older then we thought she was. If we'd realized she was that much of an elder kitty, we would have been giving her more elder care, but she appeared to only be a couple three years old when we got her.

Having a heck of a time concentrating, I so want to be with my baby kitty!

Comments