OUCH!!!!

Got my extra squishing done this morning. I also got to see the scan that caused the concern. There is a spot that apparently is much larger then it had been. Hence the super squishing and the ultra sound. The ultra sound was neat, helps the gel was warm, so I didn't levitate off the gurney. I also got to watch the screen while she was doing it, way kewl!! Almost fell asleep tho, I was so comfortable and the room was darkened and I didn't have enough coffee or sleep (tho we got to bed early, strange).

Picked up a deer tag, finally talked to the friend who can take me out. He explained the tag confusion, the regular tag is for both mule deer and white tail, but the season is shorter. Since there aren't that many mule deer and the season is over on Sat, I went for the white tail tag. The season lasts until Dec 1, so that gives me time to get out when we can.

If I do get one, we'll look at professional processing, tho I am half inclined of doing it myself, but I probably should wait until I really know what I am doing.

Did stir fry bok choi with ginger and onions for dinner last night, served it with steak. Very tasty, tho I dang near gassed us out of the house. Seems red pepper flakes get lethal when they burn. I was still coughing when I went to bed. Well worth it tho. I will reduce the amount of red pepper flakes next time tho, it was a smidge too much, but not too much we couldn't eat it. Had some leftover, so lunch today is bok choi and steak.

Got the last of the plywood up on the porch. Had to cut a notch in one corner, so got to play with the reciprocating saw.

WEE HAW!!!!!! Fat chick with power tools!!!!!

Can't wait for more projects I get to use them for. Still have to finish the east end of the porch, but that involves knocking up a frame for a door and window and smaller pieces of plywood. Not to mention moving the porch light.

Emptied the rain barrel, so that is now stored upside down for the winter, didn't want it to freeze and split.

Samhain circle on Sat was very nice and so was the gathering afterwards. It was nice having one just for the group, since our usual rit for Samhain is a production number and we don't get much out of it. So this coming Sat is the big one with the bonfire.

Comments

Chimera said…
"Seems red pepper flakes get lethal when they burn. I was still coughing when I went to bed.

HA! No kidding! Every time we make chili around here, that stove fan goes on well ahead of time, and we tie a wet bandana around nose and mouth until the steam has subsided.

If the heat of the pepper is too much, try blending in some sour cream or plain yoghurt and/or some grated cheese. Or a little bit of honey. They all tend to lower the "heat" somewhat.

Samhain usually tends to be a festival for small, personal groups. I've only ever been to one that involved an entire community. It was very well done, but oh! so involved! It's a bigger production than Beltane...
JeanC said…
Dairy in chinese doesn't go too well, but I should have started dinner earlier and made potatoes to go with it. Now honey is a good idea, I could have given hubby some bread with honey on it. Then again, now that I think about it, I had a half gallon of milk in the fridge I could have hauled out if my brain wasn't still reeling from red pepper flake smoke inhalation :P
Chimera said…
I had not thought of the stir-fry as being Chinese -- just stir-fry. And you're right. The Chinese don't use any dairy. Makes for interesting pizza, it does (Szechuan pizza! Yeah!), not having any cheese on it.

I wouldn't recommend soy milk, because I don't recommend soy for anything. But try rice milk. It's a little sweet.