Mmmmmm, almost the weekend

Taking tomorrow off to go up to Spokane for some shopping and possibly staying overnight just to get out of town for a while.

Hubby has his eye appointment tomorrow and then he'll have his 'script and we can see about getting him new glasses. We were at Shopko's optical last night. I am seriously bummed. I really, really, really want a pair of geek girl glasses, but they aren't big enough to accommodate bifocals. WAAHHHHH!!!!! So will have to go with more round and fuller frames. Down the road a bit I might see about getting my geek girl glasses in single vision just as back up and for those times I don't need to have bifocals.

Besides, hubby thinks geek girl glasses are HOT! hehehehehehehe!

Forgot to ask what contacts would cost thru Shopko, maybe when we check in about hubby's prescription.

Had a bit of rain today, not much. I do need to get out and harvest as much as I can, it got down to freezing last night, luckily nothing frosted. I still have a ton of yellow marbles to pick and 1 red tomato, the other Mucho Nacho and a small green pepper. I'll probably go ahead and pick what green tomatoes I have, not many and not very big, but will make a nice green tomato something.

Gave George II a slice of zucchini. Once I figured out how to get it to the bottom of the tank (zucchini slices float!), he was on it like dirt on a shirt. For a fish everyone says is nocturnal in its feeding habits, he's pretty active all day. Still need to find a nice chunk of driftwood for him.

Hubby's been looking into hosting sites, found one that should work and he's told me to pick a good domain name for my blog (my Blogger one). So I have to put my thinking cap on to come up with a good one.

Comments

Chimera said…
Fish eat zucchini? Argh! Don't tell the tyro home gardeners that, or every August the surrounding lakes and rivers will be plugged with the overstock!

On the other hand, here's a kitten who's got a yen for melon:

http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overload/2007/09/kitteh-nawmming.html
moni said…
Hi Jean, my green chile stew was delicious and just reading about your green tomatoes made me remember what I was supposed to be doing.