Winding down

It certainly has been a week, what with the antics of our senior senator for Idaho hitting the news big time and just dealing with life.

Hubby called this morning with news of why we'd not heard back from a friend we'd left a couple of voice mail messages yesterday. She is always good at getting back. Seems she ended up in the emergency room last night and then surgery for a busted appendix.

EEEP!!!!!!!!!!

And today is her birthday no less, so we are seeing about getting her a cheesecake (tho I don't think she's going to be up for cheese cake for a little while yet). She'll be in for about a week, so I will be seeing more of Gritman then I really wanted to (hubby's stay was more then enough for me, tho is is a very nice hospital, but a hospital all the same).

On a more up note, Phoebe got to play outside for quite a while last night. Hubby dropped me off after work and headed over to an emergency client call, so I let her out of the house, grabbed the vidcam and set up a lawn chair. Besides, it was too danged hot inside, temps were HOT yesterday.

Phoebe was having the time of her life as momma wasn't trying to catch her right away. Luckily she stayed in the immediate vicinity, when I'd let her out the other night I had to chase her up the hill and haul her back. She romped around and chased bugs (even managing to get a yellow jacket before it got a away, without stinging her thankfully). She and Scrapper even played a bit, tho he still didn't look like he was sure what he was supposed to be doing. She was a very upset little girl when I finally hauled her back into the house.

Rum Tum actually looked like he wanted to play with her. I'm thinking outside is a nice neutral space, so he wasn't feeling pissy towards her. I don't think he hissed at her once. KiKi did, but then KiKi is KiKi.

Speaking of KiKi, she found J's pot o'catnip and was a VERY happy kitty hehehehehe. I really do need to get all the vid downloaded and posted.

Yesterday I'd brought ramen for lunch and decided there was no way in heck that was what I was having, so I wandered next door to the Commons and had lunch there. I have to admit the food court is pretty good, tho since they took out the Burger King Express, I only get food from the Moscow Burrito counter. They do good food. I had the burrito supreme with chicken and a side of mexi-fries. I grabbed a frosted brownie for dessert and spent the rest of the afternoon trying to not go into a happy, full tummy coma LOL. I wasn't hungry until late last night (which is good as it was too hot to even THINK about cooking).

Of course I started getting the munchies about 9ish, when it finally cooled down a bit, but I didn't feel like cooking, so we called Pizza Perfection and got their two fer one pick up special. Been a while since we'd ordered one, their prices have gone up again, but two two topping 16" pizzas for almost $17 is not a bad price. So guess what I'm having for lunch today LOL.

Hubby picked up the WSU paper, the The Daily Evergreen where they have a feature called "Overheard in Pullman..." where they pick up tidbits from around town and campus. I leave with one:

“My poli sci class is such a joke. My professor kept talking about the Cuban Missile Crisis. What the hell is that?” — Ladies and gentlemen, the best and brightest of WSU.


SIGH!

Comments

Chimera said…
I liked this one:

"'Oh my gosh, I’m so excited for the eclipse! WSU always has the coolest things going on!' — Girl in her dorm getting ready to go watch Monday night’s eclipse."

I wonder if WAZZU has it syndicated for those who missed it first time 'round...LMAO!
Chimera said…
"Seems she ended up in the emergency room last night and then surgery for a busted appendix."

You didn't identify her further (and she probably appreciates that you didn't), but if this is someone I know, please give her a huge hug, 'kay?
JeanC said…
They still have it on their webpage, under the "Mix" link.

It is someone you know and I will give her a big hug. I can give her your email once she's a bit better and has net access (the hubby may loan her his laptop since Gritman is wired and has very good access).
Chimera said…
"They still have it on their webpage, under the "Mix" link."

Er...I was talking about the eclipse, not the article.

That's okay. It's Friday. You've had a long week. Hehehehehe...

Re my email -- cool. You can also send me hers if you want, and the whole cavern can let her know we're thinkin' about her.
JeanC said…
D'OH!!!!! I think a VERY large pitcher of martinis is called for tonight :P
Chimera said…
I finally got to the meme:

http://intothecavern.blogspot.com/2007/09/i-promised.html