SIGH!

My last Friday off for the summer, school starts on Monday so it is back to my regular schedule of 9am-6pm M-F. So I slept in this morning and have been just puttering around. Did some dishes that I have ignored for a couple days and finally solved my "where the heck am I going to put all the oils and stuff I use for cooking and need right at hand but I want to get the clutter off my counters" problem. I decided my mixing bowls could live in the underneath cupboard and moved a few things around up top and now it is all up there instead of getting moved around the counters when I need space.

Got a load of laundry in the dryer, just a bit of picking up to do in the living room and not much else to do today. I took a grocery bag of VHS tapes out to the garbage can. We gave a whole slug of them away to a friend who doesn't have cable, but she didn't want anymore, We tried to recycle them, but the recycling center only will take 6 tapes per month and said if we wanted to pay tons of money they would give us the address and we couple ship the blasted things directly to whoever actually recycles them. Can't afford that, so out to the landfill they will go. I figure a grocery bag each week we should have them all gone in a couple of months.

Looking forward to my class, tho it is going to make for very long Tuesdays since it is from 6pm-8:45pm. I'll skip my afternoon coffee break so i can skip out a few minutes early to get to class. Luckily it is over in the TLC, so it is close. I'll leave most of my stuff at my desk and pick it up on the way thru when hubby comes to pick me up after class.

Looks like I won't have my own laptop. The one hubby was working on for me is an IBM and if it doesn't have the right screws to put it together, it won't work. Since the screws cost $7, but almost $14 to ship, it isn't worth it. I could use his, but then he won't have it at all on Tuesdays and he needs it for work, so it will be old fashioned pen and paper for class again for taking notes.

Definitely cooler today, making puttering around the house nicer, not too mention has slowed down the evaporation on the fish tank. I think we'll get several more boy guppies, the two we have have been going gangbusters on the algae on the plants and skull.

Time to putter some more.

Comments