YAWN!

Baby cat woke us up at 5am, meowing piteously. When I finally got my eyes focused I could see what she was up to on the end of the bed. Flying out of bed, I scooped up kitten and rushed her to the litter box where she proceeded to be a very relieved and happy kitty. I think she may have woken up and realized she had to go, but still doesn't know where we have the litter boxes. She has had a couple little accidents on the bed, but they are easily cleaned up. She has no problems getting on and off the bed, so once she finally remembers where things are and that she can go there by herself, we should have fewer problems.

She is definitely a seriously bold kitten. She was stalking Scrapper's tail last night and kept doing so even when he started giving her warning growls. He finally stomped off in disgust. So far he's been pretty good around her, all the other kitties are still hissing and growling as soon as they see her, tho KiKi is doing her level best to ignore her most of the time. This morning tho she and the kitten squared off and KiKi backed down.

Last night was an interesting evening. We were having some cables and wiring run thru out the place (cable, phone, internet) professionally (it is nice that hubby has contacts) and they started yesterday morning about 8:30am or so. Hubby picks me up at 5pm and I ask how the work went. He replied "how the work was going".

Eeep!

My place was a bit of a mess when I left, when I got home it was fun maneuvering thru the living room with the EC pulled out and stuff all over, the TV in the kitchen and poor baby kitten locked up in the bedroom (where more hook ups and such had been installed). The speakers for the home theatre still need to be wired in, so in the meantime we only have the speaker on the TV. Boy, are we spoiled with the surround sound. I think there is a bit more to do. Hubby mentioned computer hookup in the kitchen, but I didn't see any sign of that, not to mention I hadn't decided where. Oh well, maybe something we can do in the future.

Is is nice that I no longer have to trip over the TV cable running across the living room from the Dish, down the hallway and into the bedroom and having all the speaker and other wires that ran around the ceiling gone is really nice. Hubby didn't care, I had been waiting for us to come up with a good idea that would work to hide them (PVC piping painted to match the ceiling was one idea we'd been pondering) and we'd not gotten around to doing anything. Everything has now been run underneath the trailer (and I seriously owe the kid who got stuck with that job at least one of my lasagnas. We didn't get a chance to bug bomb, due to a furry distraction, and the kid is spider phobic. And we had spiders down there. SHUDDER!!!!!!!) and up thru the walls. We've now got a working phone jack in the bedroom Hooray Hooray!!!! They got hubby's geek cave wired to make life easier there for doing all the home computer stuff.

My garden is ticking along. The Mucho Nachos seem to be doing fine, there are a couple peppers on it about 1/2 inch or so long and a couple more starting. My bell pepper is looking like it will have peppers on it soon. The Yellow Marble tomatoes are popping up like crazy, I just hope all my tomatoes ripen before it frosts. The 2nd seeding of lettuce is up, I should have done it sooner so we had some for when my mom comes this weekend so we can have fresh from the garden salad. At least the white carrots that survived look like they are doing well, I need to check those.

Still have squash and beens from last year in the deep freeze, so while it isn't fresh from the garden veggies, they are still yummy and home grown.

Mom arrives Friday, late afternoon. Luckily she stays out at the Worst Western, so I don't have to figure out sleeping arrangements in our place. Friends I have no problem putting on the futon in the living room, but moms need a room of their own.

Comments