A very warm Hump Day

in the 90s again today for the highs. Supposed to be hitting and breaking 100F by Friday.

Saw on the news another dumb twit left her baby in the car. This was down in Lewiston. Luckily the little one was rescued in time, he was only left for 30 minutes while she shopped. Reports are the temp IN the car was between 120F and 140F. About a week ago in Orofino some twit left her step-grand baby in the car for 5 hours while she visited a friend. Unfortunately he died. What I want to know, is HOW THE FUCK CAN ANYONE FORGET THEY HAVE A BABY IN THE CAR?!?!?!?!?!?!?! That is usually the excuse used. I would dearly love to belt these twits into a locked car and leave them. Summer after summer we hear news reports of kids dying in cars after their parents have left them there while they run errands and say they simply forgot they had their kids with them. You'd think people would have learned by now.

SIGH!

Hoping to beat the heat by heading up to Dworshak Reservoir up near Orofino on Friday. I want to get an early start, but we also have to run some errands, so may not get out of town as early as I would like. But since we don't have to be anywhere on Saturday, it doesn't matter how late we stay out. We can get some fishing and definitely swimming in once we get there. They have a 25 per day limit on kokanee there, so with luck we can find a place we can catch them from the shore.

Wandered over to my adviser's office on coffee break. Had him lift the adviser hold on my account so I can register for class. He's the one I took my summer class from and I am looking forward to his Plateau Indian class in the fall. Now I just hope I can get in, even tho it looks like there is space available, I am on a waiting list to get in. Now that he knows I'm registering for it, hopefully he'll let me in. Looks like a fun and interesting class. There are several field trips included. Class will only be once a week, Tuesday evenings, so I should have better luck incorporating the information given.

Dinner last night was a salad I made using sauteed pork seasoned with a packet of fajita seasoning and then layed on a bed of lettuce and topped with shredded medium cheddar cheese and drizzled with ranch dressing. Totally delish. I was going to fix it for Monday night, but we wanted something substantial and different, so we went to San Miguels, a totally delish Mexican restaurant. I had one of their burritos with marinated pork. Hubby had his with carne asada. They are huge, so I had what I didn't eat for lunch yesterday. Which makes the toasted cheese sandwiches I am having for lunch today not sound as good as I thought they would LOL.

Not sure what I'll fix tonight, the problem with the heat is I don't want to cook and right now I don't have a lot of hot weather foods that are substantial enough to be filling and not heavy.

Comments