Okay, they were worth it

Even the hubby liked them and he doesn't like fish. I did end up dredging and pan frying, if only because it was late and I didn't feel like waiting for beer batter to rest before cooking. I did half the fillets and oh YUM!!! The first batchlet I didn't leave in the oil long enough, tho they were quite tasty, then 2nd I left in a little long, but still tasty. I probably won't deliberately fish for blue gill, but if I catch enough, will have a yummy little fish fry again.

Blue Gill fish fry

Did a vid of the process, still need to download that to my 'puter and run it thru my video editor.

The tomato paste I am drying is coming along nicely. I flipped it over on the sheet part way thru so it wouldn't stick to it and allow the bottom to dry too. With luck it will be done tonight and I can run it thru the blender or food processor to make powder. The dollops I popped into the freeze are now repackaged into zip lock baggies.

Warm week again. Managed to freecycle a wicker kitty bed, the hanging gun rack we had no more room for (and was too small for our collection anyways) and my old 3 person dome tent. The tent went to a family whose 9 year old son is getting into camping and it is just the right size for a kid. So it went to a home where it will really be appreciated.

Garden is still ticking along nicely. I swear everything grew a foot from Friday morning to Saturday night. Lots more flowers popping up on my tomatoes, so have fingers crossed I will get tomatoes before things get cold this fall.

Comments