Back to work, for now

Going to be a scorcher today, so I guess not having taken today off is probably a good idea. Otherwise I'd be spending the entire day in the bedroom with the AC on. Supposed to cool down for a bit tomorrow, 80s instead of triple digits, but then it gets back to the 90s by Monday.

Had a nice day yesterday. Our friend J brought over Runebound (I think I'd been calling it RuneQuest for some reason). If we'd thought of it, we'd have gone over to his place, he's got AC in the living room.

Oh well, we survived okay.

We'd picked up munchies and such for gaming Tuesday night. Once I realized what we got, I got slightly depressed. In the past gaming noshies involved pizza, chips, dips, popcorn, cookies, candy, etc. We'd gotten watermelon, cantalop, grapes and a fairly healthy sub sandwich.

Sucks getting old.

LOL

Oh well, as warm as it was, the chilled grapes were great and I grilled corn on the cob and burgers on the little gas grill (video of the flames as soon as I process the vid). Dinner was quite yummy. We'd moved the electric cooler into the living room and had it stocked with various sodas and the grapes. We never did get to the cantalope and watermelon, but those will be good tonight.

Dinner tonight will probably be tuna sandwiches. Grab all the fixin's and hide out in the bedroom with the AC and telly for the evening. Maybe some salad.

The fish are surviving quite nicely, tho we had to add water yesterday to deal with the evaporation. I filled a bucket early in the day and let it sit and added it before bed. Later on we'll get a goodly supply of distilled water to avoid adding too much mineral content. I have to have it for my CPAP anyways, so buying extra isn't too bad. We'll see about getting a few more fish this weekend.

So all in all, the 4th was a nice day, tho I found myself longing for the 4th of July fun of the past. Esp the celebrations in Grass Valley/Nevada City CA. Now THOSE were fun celebrations. The cities alternated each year as hosts and there were parades, the fire departments of each city would have water fights with the hoses and then arch them so people could play in the water and spray. The party would move to either the fair grounds in Grass Valley or the park in Nevada City. Music, food (esp pasties), cold drinks, ice cream, games and all sorts of fun.

Then the fireworks.

MMMMMMMMMMMMM

They still pretty much do 4th that way there. Mom sent me a link to an article about 4th of July in Grass Valley in days past. Not sure if they still have booths that sell pasties, but I'm betting they do.

Now I want a pasty. Have to figure out how to make some and NOT heat up the house. Maybe have to do a very early baking session. This is why I want central air, so I can cook.

Comments

Chimera said…
Oh, thanks very much! Now I want a pasty! *grump* Can't you get your food cravings during appropriate weather conditions? *more grump*
JeanC said…
Hehehehe, the girl can't help it :D I just have these cravings regardless.