Summertime!!!!!!!

Well, almost, I still have to finish my two papers, they are due by Friday. I spent most of yesterday staring at my computer trying to get what is in my brain into written form and not having much success.

Kinda a semi-busy weekend, got a few things done. Ended up hauling most of the old couch to the dump ourselves, the friend who was going to help us ended up not being available, so we took the cushions and frame and hopefully he'll show up on Saturday to help us move the metal bed part. It won't fit in the Subaru too well. He did drop by later on Sat nite and we gave him the old TV, which hubby had gotten blown out and working, along with the ironing board I tried to Freecycle, with no takers. He doesn't need an ironing board, but it will make a great gardening bench as he and his partner have a good sized garden and greenhouse.

Decided to recycle the big cardboard boxes waiting to go the the recyclers into my garden. I have the one spot that I never got all the grass dug out of, so I am lasagna layering it. I layed it all down, along with some newspaper over the grass and weeds and started piling compost on top of that. My compost from last year is looking nice and there were lots of fat happy worms. I haven't put all of it on yet, it got too hot and muggy Sat, so I will pile more on as the week goes and just layer up when I can with grass clippings and such.

Speaking of compost, I need to empty the container on the porch into the big compost pile so I have room for this year's kitchen waste.

Came up with a yummy soup for dinner last night, my version of a chinese chicken soup. Very yummy, even if I discovered that I didn't have the coconut milk I thought I had.

Watched the race yesterday, while enjoyable, it was a bit disappointing that it got called on account of rain, after having such a long rain delay at the start. Glad Jeff won, but would have liked to have seen him win it after running the full 500 miles (tho with his car acting flakey, probably a good thing he won it early).

Just a wee bit miffed Kurt Busch didn't get his butt suspended for the crap he pulled at Dover, running his car into Tony Stewart's car on pit row, putting Tony's crew mmeber in jeopardy. That was a VERY stupid thing to do and he should have gotten his butt bounced at least one race minimum, tho I think for crap like that, he should have sat the rest of the season out.

Got the fish tank washed out, most of the gunk on it was dried algea and dirt. There are some hard water deposits on the glass, but they aren't noticable once it is filled up. Got most of the rest of the gear cleaned up, still have to go after some of it with more CLR and a dremel once we get the worst off.

Since we are going to use the top of the EC to put the tank on, we'll have to get two more cinder blocks to lift it up so it isn't blocking the heat vent, then we can get the tank set up. Still have to sterilize the pebbles and other stuff to go in, but that won't take long. Then we can look at getting fish.

Still have to get up on the roof to seal the chimney from the top. We had to get creative with a garbage bag to funnel any drips from it into a bucket to avoid frying the TV and DVR.

Hopefully we can get some fishing in after work this week, fried trout and cous cous sounds yummy.

Comments