Let's see....

First we have toothpaste that is contaminated with an antifreeze component, then we have puffer fish labeled as monkfish and now we have news of 1.5 million Thomas and friends toys painted with led paint being recalled.

Can someone please explain to me why we continue buying crap from China? It is bad enough they use what amounts to slave labor (in some cases, they do use slave labor, they are called prisoners in jail) in unsafe and piss poor conditions, but the fact WE are subsidizing this is so very, very WRONG!!!!!

Since the US government isn't going to do anything about it other then shaking their fingers at China and tell them they've been naughty, it is up to us the consumers to put our feet down and say "NO!". We have GOT to stop buying cheap crap from China and start looking at labels and start buying American again or at least from countries that aren't trying to poison us.

In other news, hubby didn't get the procedure done yesterday because his doc mis-wrote what he was supposed to have done. A simple matter of writing the 3 letter code with one letter off and suddenly instead of a gallstone removal, he was scheduled for lesion biospy.

SIGH!!!!!!!

The procedure he needs to have done couldn't be done at the surgery clinic as they didn't have the proper equipment, so he is now scheduled to go to Gritman tomorrow and have it done there. The doc who was supposed to have done it yesterday is not happy with hubby's doc over the mix up. It was a waste of his morning when he could have been helping someone else.

Since I had taken yesterday off to keep an eye on hubby, I decided to stay home even tho things didn't pan out. I did manage to get both papers mostly written before I hit the mental wall on them. I'll have to finish them tonight and then drop them off tomorrow morning before hubby goes in to Gritman. I also got several loads of dishes done and a couple loads of laundry.

I'm still doing a happy dance over Dale Jr making the move to Hendrick Motor. Now my two favorite guys are on the same team. I am still wanting to see the reactions of the rabid pro-Jr/anti-Jeff fans. I am sure there are heads exploding all over the country hehehehehehehe.

Still working on cleaning the aquarium we picked up. I've been scrapping away with a razor blade to get the buildup on the glass and we picked up a wire brush that fits into the drill to get the buildup off the plastic. Works pretty well, but it is going to be a couple more weeks until we can think of getting fish. The top is in pretty bad shape, so it looks like we may need to get a new one.

We picked up some decorator cinder blocks, the square kind, to lift up the top the the EC we cut off and are using for the tank stand. We got 4, one for each end and two in the middle. Looks pretty good, tho I had to move things around a bit and now the tank is in front of the window instead of below. In the winter it won't be a problem as I put inserts into the window. Hubby is worry about keeping the temps int he tank even, I think if we put a layer of reflectix on the back after we put on the decorative backing that should help bounce heat and cold off the tank. I think I will probably move the whole unit out another couple inches to make it easier for me to put the insert in and out and stash it behind everything when I have it out.

I'm hoping that we can go fishing sometime soon. I'd hoped to go tomorrow, but that is out. Saturday probably will be out also with hubby recovering from getting the gallstone out. So maybe Sunday morning? I'm really wanting trout for dinner this next week.

Comments