I have a very happy tummy today

We said "screw it!" and picked up fried chicken at Winco on the way home last night. I knew it was time since I was having fantasies of slathering hubby in fry oil and salt and serious nibbling taking place! I know I start getting weird when I'm deprived of something, but that fantasy took the cake.

For clarification, the oil in mind was cold, but flavored of fried chicken, so no 3rd degree burns would have been experienced.

So we picked up a 12 piece with potato wedges and coleslaw for the sides, with the Hawaiian sweet rolls for $10 and went home (note to self, avoid Winco at 5pm, everyone and their dog goes there at 5pm) and enjoyed.

I love Winco's fried chicken, it is crispy and tasty and not very greasy (tho it probably is a bit more then hubby's pancreas would have liked, but we've been watching things of late, so a little indulgence is fine). He goes in tomorrow to get that pesky gallstone taken so we can start getting back to almost normal.

Winco fried chicken is what Kentucky Cluck used to be, delicious, fully cooked and finger lickin' good, for a fraction of the cost. I'm not sure what spices they use, but every once in a while they go a bit heavy on the sage and it is pure heaven. It is deep fried in a pressure cooker and I love it when we get there just as they've pulled it out.

We also picked up a container of spinach dip to go with the potato wedges. It is pretty yummy stuff, tho not as good as we get at the neighbor's. Sometimes we'll pick up sour cream and I'll add a packet of ranch seasoning to that. Totally yummy. Once thing I LOVE to do is peel the skin off a piece, spoon some dip in and roll it up and

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

Total mouth 'gasm!

The only problem with coming home with fried chicken is KiKi goes completely insane to get some, to the point she'll start swiping at you. She usually gets blown on if she is too close (she HATES you blowing in her face, esp when you have fried chicken breath hehehehehe) or a quick thump on the head to make her back off. Once she's backed off for a little while I will relent and let her have a few bites of chicken that doesn't have any of the skin (sorry, momma ain't sharin' LOL) or the coating. She even likes the potato wedges, so she gets a bite or two of those.

One nice thing about getting the 12 pack is we have lots of leftovers (and for the main meal I had 3 chicken wings hehehehehe. I LOVE chicken wings), so I will peel the leftover off the bone, chop it up, mix it with the leftover spinach dip and a bit of salad dressing and have chicken salad sandwiches for dinner tonight.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

Comments

Chimera said…
Your "happy tummy" details are driving me up the wall! I am not hungry! But I just had an incredible attack of "I-want-a-succulent-roast-chicken-with-tater-wedges-and-spinach-dip!" I am in complete sympathy with Kiki on this...lol.

Speedy recovery to Hubby from the Cavern Denizens!
JeanC said…
Hehehehehehe, my job is done (WEG)

I'll tell hubby you send best wishes :)