AUUUGGGHHHH!!!!!!

I'm not ready for hot weather, thank the Ghodz it is cooler today and will be cooler this week. It got bloody hot yesterday and I almost died. Poor hubby, he deals with the heat worse then I do. We popped the air conditioner into the bedroom window yesterday and was able to sleep most of the night (at least until the AC turned itself off, it has a timer we set). When it went off I woke up stiffling, so opened the bedroom door and went back to sleep.

They are predicting thunderstorms tonight, so fingers crossed we get them and some rain. We were going to go fishing tonight after work, but decided not to if the weather is going to be flaky.

Ended up in bed about 8:30pm Friday night, tho I didn't fall asleep until 10. I was exhausted. We'd planned on driving down to Lewiston/Clarkston to hit Costco as soon as they opened so we could be in and out before it got too hot on Saturday. Needless to say, we must have been more exhausted the we thought, we didn't get up until 9:30/10ish. Didn't get down there until after noon.

I am a bit miffed. Costco seems to have stopped carrying the feta cheese I like. The only one they have is some that is pre-crumbled in a container. I prefer the big flat chunk that is half the cost. They didn't have any the last time I was there either, so I think I may have to file a complaint. They didn't any portabellos either :(

We did get more frozen boneless, skinless chicken thighs and some individually wrapped pork loins. I would have preferred to have gotten the loin primal so I could cut my own and brine them, but the prepackaged ones were $1.99 a lb, opposed to $3.50 a lb. Usually the primal is less, but not this time. I could unwrap the others to brine, not sure if I will or not. Picked up a package each of shredded cheddar and shredded mozzarella tho. Got those broken up into ziplocks into the deep freeze. Bought another twin pack of Splenda powder, so we are set for the summer for that. Also picked up a package of frozen stir fry veggies to give them a try, they have more variety of veggies in them then what we can get at Winco.

Hung out at the neighbors after we got back. Had a nice evening, interupted by popping out to get the aquariam set up hubby scored on Freecycle. It is 29 gals and in serious need of cleaning. Lots of calcium buildup, so we'll be working on it for a while. We popped out Sunday to pick up some CLR and between that and various brushes and a pumice stone, got some of it cleaned up. Mostly the plastic bits, still have to start on the tank itself. Kitties are going to have fun with it once we get it set up. We'll look at tetras and gold fish, tho I do want to get a picostamin (sp?), on of those prehistoric sucker fishes that clean the tank. They are so ugly they are cute hehehehehe. Hubby is looking forward to setting it up, he hasn't had a fis tank in 20 years. Me, I've had the odd goldfish in a bowl and usually ended up having them croak on me. Hopefully I won't kill any that we get.

Last week of class, Thursday is the final. Have the topics for my paper perculating thru my brain, hopefully I can get a serious start on them this week and tunred in next week. Both topics are on what we aer going over this week and a bit last week, so I am on schedule for those. One will be on a marriage ceremony and the other on women's gender roles. Both will be on the Egyptian village case study we have.

Comments