Life is going to be flakey for a while

Dear darling hubby has landed himself in hospital this week. His pancreas got a wee bit ticked off and is taking it out on him. So we ended up in the emergency room at 2am Friday morning.

Seems he's managed to set a record in the levels of ticked off pancreatic enzymes, so they admitted him and he is on a strict no nothing by mouth for a while. So he is hooked up to an IV and they are keeping a very strict eye on his blood sugars to make sure he stays okay there.

He was in such pain when we brought him in that he wanted morphine, this the guy who I have to hogtie to take an aspirin.

His doc was in a little bit ago and his numbers are looking so much better. His pancreas ones are below 1000 now (he was in 5 figures before). They need him to be below 300.

We are extremely impressed with the care here, Gritman is a great hospital if you have to get sick. Very nice room and great staff.

A week or so ago, some idiot ran into the fire hydrant out side and flooded the hospital, making the ambulance entrance and Er and a few other departments unusable for a bit. The ER is still being worked on, so they moved it to another department and they are still doing great work under the circumstances.

I didn't go to work on Friday, obviously. I did pop in later that night to get my cell. I tend to plug it in at work or at home and forget to take it with me. This week I need to remember to keep it with me at all times. Hubby has his cell and I brought in the laptop (the hospital has wireless, very nice) so he can be connected and have stuff to do while he is here. It is also handy as I have an exam first thing Monday morning and I do need to study (hubby would be very ticked off if I blew off class).

I'm trying to keep doing stuff I usually do. I am going to try and get my FLYing routines back up and running as I will need them this week since I'll either be in class, work or the hospital.

Picked up some of my favorite comfort foods, so dinner last night was fettucine with browned butter and myzithra. I also picked up corn tortillas to make tacos and an avacado to top them with. Probably do that for dinner tonight.

Have to wander down to the cafeteria soon to see if I can get a bagel and cream cheese for lunch. I did get my morning mocha, so I at least have some caffeine in my system.

KiKi is not acting herself, she isn't used to daddy not being there. She curled up on his pillows all night and sat staring into the mirror this morning. The last is very un-KiKi like. The rest of the cats are doing fine, enjoying being able to go in and out all they want.

Time to putter off and find my bagel and then back to studying.

Comments