Letter to Old Navy

Dear Old Navy,

thank you for deciding I'm not good enough to shop at your stores and that my money is no good. You are going to save me a LOT of money as I will not be stepping foot into your new store here in Moscow when it opens.

Your decision that plus sizes will no longer darken your floors tells me you dislike anyone in them who is not any of the "standard" sizes and we are not welcome.

Now, you've replied to other people that you'll still be selling plus sizes online, but that isn't good enough. You've decided that fat folk such as myself don't deserve the pleasure of walking into your store and actually trying on the clothing. You've gone beyond other stores when it comes to putting the fat clothing in the ghettos of the basement or back beyond the luggage sections. You've moved us out of your stores all together and figured out how to charge us even more money for the privilage of wearing your goods. You see, we'll have to pay shipping and handling for the privilage of trying on your clothes and then have to pay again to ship them back when a particular item doesn't fit.

With a couple of exceptions, I don't order clothing online. I prefer to try on my clothing before spending good money, money you don't want.

You've tried to claim that plus sizes weren't selling to well, well I don't suppose that had anything to do with the fact you didn't stock all your stores with them and didn't bother to advertise that they were there. If it weren't for friends online who talked about finding nice things in plus size at Old Navy I wouldn't have known you sold plus sizes.

It is called ADVERTISING, but I guess if you had, you would have leaked out to the rest of the world that us fat folks would be welcome in your stores, and we just can't have that now could we. Can't have us fatties elbow to elbow with normal people, oh my heavens no, we might be contagious.

So, I will take my money and spend it at companies who want my business and are not ashamed to see my fat ass coming in the door.

Signed,
one pissed off fat chick

Comments

Stormdrane said…
Their selection of plus sizes was weak anyway, not enough XXXXX's in there, at least for me, lol.
Anonymous said…
Bravo.... I agree. I'm a fat chick in Washington state who won't set foot in Old Navy.
yellowdoggranny said…
well, I'm too old to be called a fat chick..but I am a fat old broad and that really pisses me off..the granddaughters used to get me stuff from old navy and I loved their tshirts..and shorts..well, F*^% em...thanks for the update..