AUUGGHHH!!! IT'S STILL MONDAY!!!!!

whimper

So all this week it has been Monday and I am about done in. I was hoping today would be Friday, it's the end of the week and all, but it is still Monday. At least it is payday.

Hubby was chatting on IM with our friends last night and turns out they are starting their drive down TODAY!!!!!!

My house is STILL a mess and needless to say, I panicked. Quiet panic, but panicked I am. Managed to get half the living room cleaned up and was attempting to mop the kitchen floor when the mop head disinegrated. Whenever I started freaking out I would sit down and the Scrapper kitty would come over and curl up in my lap, so I had some kitty therapy to help me calm down. He is turning into such a sweetie kitty.

I am seriously hoping they will stop halfway and not make the trip in one swell foop and I can get the house finished tonight and tomorrow morning. After getting what I did get done last night, the place isn't THAT bad, just trying to figure out where to put everything. I'll take home some empty paper boxes to shove stuff into to stash in the bedroom.

Need to start planning menus, she is lactose intolerant, so have to work around that, which isn't a problem. Luckily the stores are carrying a lot more cheeses made from sheep and goat milk. Picked up some bonesless pork the other night for 98 cents a pound, so if the weather is nice this next week I'll fire up the little gas grill and do some grilling. Maybe look at kebobs, just need to get some fresh veggies to grill.

I am looking forward to having them down, esp with the baby, I am in great need of LOTS of baby snuggles and huggles. It is going to be so much fun watching the hubby melt in her grasp, she has him so wrapped around her tiny fingers hehehehehehe.

Okay, calming down, everything will work out fine. Luckily they are bringing down some baby barriers so we can block off the kitchen as no matter how much I thought about it, I can't baby proof it enough. The one set of shelves with all the small appliances alone is a danger zone. So the kitchen gets blocked off and I don't have to worry about baby getting into the liquer cabinet.

Comments

Chimera said…
"Whenever I started freaking out I would sit down and the Scrapper kitty would come over and curl up in my lap..."

He's turning into quite the luvbundle, isn't he? Same thing happened with us, several years ago, after we adopted a wild female-with-kittens. Got the kittens adopted, got her vetted/spayed, and bit by bit, moved her into the house over the objections of the three other felinities. She got to be such a lap cat that we seriously considerd buying her a lap of her own! ;D

After about two hours of baby-in-the-house, I'll bet the cats will start trying to get into the liquor cabinet...
JeanC said…
The cats just might, if I see them all week. Forgot to check with hubby when he called to see if they are bringing their dog with them, so Rum Tum and Nicky may move next door for the week, Scrapper may head for the barn and KiKi will probably never come out of the bedroom LOL.

Scrapper is doing so well, I can't believe someone threw him out. I imagine he was a totaly lovey dovey as a kitten, which is why he gets so wiggly when he gets scritches, he is so happy to have attention again.