What do you mean "Snow Advisory"?????

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO MORE SNOW!!!!!!!!

We are done with snow, it is time for warmer weather, light rains and lots of growing things! Snow covers up my yard and garden and makes it hard to do stuff out there.

NO MORE SNOW DADNABBIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sigh, I hate this time of year when the weather can't make up it's mind. I am in serious need of warm sun to go out and play in my yard and garden and get things ready for planting and summer.

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, it's been a long week. Looking to go out to the range tomorrow morning, early. Hubby is getting my M1 bore sighted this morning and then is going out to the range to check out the rounds he rolled up to make sure they work. If they do, he'll come home and roll up lots more. He'll also see about coming up with some kind of stand for my Small Wonder so we can get some steady video. We'll take the laptop so we can download it and I can edit the footage.

Wanted an easy dinner last night, so pulled out some hamburger patties and fries. Didn't have much ketsup left, so I put some pizza sauce on my burger and it was good. I cooked an extra burger patty and brought it and some leftover fries for lunch. Not sure what I'll do for dinner tonight. I've got several pieces of leftover chicken from the other night I can probably strip off the bones and do something with the meat.

I see a local business that is in the bar business is bitching and whinging again on the Vision2020 list. This weekend is Mardi Gras weekend when a number of the bars get together and offer live bands and the tickets sold to get in to all the venues raises money that goes to local charities and organizations. Aforementioned business got their knickers all twisted several years ago when the committee didn't fall to their knees and proclaim them their Savior because they KNEW how things should run because they did it a certain way back when they lived in California and that's how things should be done here in Moscow. So they broke off relations with the official Moscow Mardi Gras committee and spend every year sniping and whinging on the list and proclaiming THEY are the official Mardi Gras party.

The really annoying thing is everytime I think I've got them twit filed for good, they change their email addy and pop up again. So the new addy gets twit filed and I get to see people responding to their whinging. I really wish people would QUIT responding to them for a while and quit encouraging them. Like 5 year olds throwing a tantrum, they really need to be parked in a corner until they can learn to behave. It is attitudes like theirs that gives ALL Californians a bad rep in North Idaho. I know quite a few who moved up and left the "California" mentality behind and fit in to life here quite nicely.

There is some good discussion on the list about the Moscow Mardi Gras tho, quite a bit of it by folk who've been around a long time and talks of missing the old days, when Moscow Mardi Gras was a big time family affair, parades, fun stuff for the kids during the day, the Beaux Arts Ball (alcohol free and open to the under 21 crowd) and the various bars that brought in live entertainment for those old enough to embibe if they wished. The whole town and the University got involved, it was a great way to beat the winter blecks, brought business downtown and communities outside of Moscow had a chance to join in and have fun. David Giese's art class made floats from milk carton paper provided by Potlatch Corp and groups all over would have a presence in the parade. Unfortunately it all fell apart after Charlotte Buchanan who owned "One More Time", a WONDERFUL 2nd hand shop, moved away. People tried to continue the traditon, but it eventually turned into a barhopping, over 21 only night.

I was in the parade a couple of the years. I used to belong to PESFA, the Palouse Empire Science Fiction Association (members of which would help put on MosCon). One year we made a paper mache dragon head and tail and used a big chunk of material and with a couple people under it, had a nice dragon for the parade. I dressed up one of my con costumes with sword, others also dressed up in science fiction/fantasy costumes, one person dressed up using a cardboard rocket ship and it was a lot of fun. I kept that dragon head for the longest time on the walls of various apartments and houses I lived in, until it finally gave up the ghost and fell apart. I wish I still had it tho, it was cool. I know somewheres I have video of that parade, it was broadcast on the local channel. I need to go thru all my video cassettes carefully before I toss them and if I can find it and the tape is still viewable, have hubby transfer it and get it on to DVD for posterity.

Ah well, time to look forward to the weekend and hopefully get some more seeds in the ground and the deck finally picked up (and the christmas tree to the recyclers).

Comments