ARRGH!!!!!!

This itching is going to drive me insane (very short drive, I know). I had the sneezes yesterday, today I've almost taken the skin of the little finger of my left hand and I've got itchy patches all over. And I'm sneezing and snuffling again.

WAAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So tomorrow I see the allergist to test and see what I am allergic to. Hubby joked it was either him or the cats, I told him I'd just have to take LOTS of antihistimine. I woke up from a nightmare last night that I was ordered to remove the carpeting from my place, leaving the Goddess awful 1970s linoleum SHUDDER!!!!!!!! You can see it here in the kitchen, the whole house has that under the carpeting:



Was at a loss for what to do for lunch today, so I packed up some bread, cheese and the smoked sauage dogs with cheese. Those dogs are very yummy after being broiled. Made a very nice lunch using the bread as buns.

Dinner last night was thrown together leftovers. I diced up the fish fillets and heated up some oil in the cast iron skillet. When that was hot I tossed in the fish bits and heated those thru and to also crisp up the batter. Then I set those aside on a plate and added a bit more oil and then tossed the leftover rice and mushrooms in and did a stir fry. Added some soy sauce, scrambled in an egg and then tossed the fish back in. I tossed in about a quarter cup of peanut sauce I had made the other night (I'd gotten some coconut milk to thin it out) and then served it up. Very yummy.

Got a call from hubby shortly after I got to work, he'd driven past Gambino's (an Italian restaurant that has been here for ages) on the way home and saw it was half gone. It had been closed for about a year now, the new owner had said he'd be remodeling it, but then nothing. He was taking his own sweet time putting in the Subway restaurant over on the Troy Hwy. So I dropped a note to the VIsion202 list to ask what was what. A couple people posted articles from the Snooze, the most recent was in Sept that the building couldn't be remodeled as it was in a flood zone and had to be raised up and other reasons made it easier to tear it down and start over. Of course I really don't have a good feeling about the whole thing when the reason it has been taking so long to get anything done on any of the restaurants is because the owner, who is acting as the general contractor has "Instead of finishing the work, he has been spending some of his off time coaching football in Troy." I don't know about anyone else, but if I had money invested in several businesses I would definately not be fiviling off my time coaching football. Not very good business sense in my books.

Comments

Garden Gnome said…
Sorry to hear of your allergy problems. I have allergies too so can relate. There are a couple of things that might help. Lortadine is a 24 hr antihistamine that I've had success with. Calamine lotion or a soak in oatmeal in water should reduce or give you immediate relief. HTH
JeanC said…
I've been doing the loratadine, it does seem to do the trick, mostly. Now that I've done the testing, I can go back on it (except for the next round of tests, then it is back off for 3 days). I will most likely be doing the soak and he recommended petroleum jelly immmediately after to help with the dry skin. The oatmeal will be great for defoliating my skin.

Popular posts from this blog

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

Humphrey the Comfrey is growing quite nicely