It's done

The Scrapper kitty is at the vet's as we speak awaiting the big snip. I borrowed a live trap from the Humane Society to take him in as the vets may have to sedate him thru the cage if he freaks.

He will get the big snip, a post surgical pain shot and a rabies shot. Hubby can pick him up after 3:30 pm today and we'll see about keeping him in for a few days to heal up.

He was amazingly calm, at least until we got him to the vets. I'd put a thick towel in the cage and then sprinkled on some cat nip. Hubby held the cage open and I popped Scrapper in, no problems. The cat nip helped. For travel I threw another towel over the cage. I figured as soon as the car started he'd go nuts (my kitties do). Nope, he was nice and quiet and a good boy.

He did look like he was starting to stress after we were at the vets a few minutes, then again it was a strange place with lots of strange smells and we were leaving him.

I'm not feeling as guilty as I normally would, then again Scrapper isn't a baby kitten and has been getting beaten up a lot lately becasue he's been fighting over territory with another (we suspect) feral male.

I will be working on spoiling him rotten once we get him home.

Comments

Chimera said…
Now that he's been edited, he's no longer a Tom cat; he's a Cliff cat. In Canada he'd be a Cole cat. Forever more referred to as the Readers' Digest version...

*stop that! No laughing at a cat!*
JeanC said…
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!