3 day weekend!

And today is Friday!!!!!!

Just a few plans for the weekend, I hope to get some time out in the yard/garden to do a little cleanup and finish the cold frame. With luck I can get some more seeds planted.

We're doing lunch with friends tomorrow and Sunday we want to drive up to St Maries for a gun show. It will make for a nice day out and if we take the laptop may get in a bit of geocaching and some photos/vid. The laptop will let me download the vid from my digicam as it only holds 30 minutes of recording and I KNOW I'll be taking more then that hehehehehehehe.

Monday a friend will be coming over with a new game he got, and I am completely blanking on the name of the game (okay, tracked him down, the game is called Runebound). It is a board game similar to Talisman (which I haven't played in years) and looks like it will be a lot of fun. I'll lay in munchies and we'll look at pizza and have a game day.

Sunday is Daytona and there is more gloom hanging over the race after Jeff Gordon got penalized for having his car not pass inspection after one of the races yesterday. Seems there was a mechanical problem and he has to start in the back of the pack on Sunday. Serious bummer!

Got Scrapper cat in last night, he really wanted to go back outside, but I made him stay in as it was icky out with the wind. Got up this morning to discover the beach towel I have over the window behind the kitty condo was down and while I'd left the blinds in the kitchen up so he could't finish destroying them, he did shred a good sized leaf on the defenbachia and there were leaf bits all over the place. Had to pull a couple out of one of the food dishes.

One of my contacts on Flicker has posted a couple very sad pics. He'd come across a Great Blue Heron that had gotten tangled in some monofiliment fishing line some idiot carelessly left strewn about and it got tangled in a bush and strangled. I would dearly love to find the idiot and give them a lesson in cleaning up after themselves. It isn't that difficult to pick up your crap when out fishing and the local wildlife shouldn't have to suffer for slobs.

Not a clue what to do for dinner tonight, tho pizza is sounding really good. Have to see. Lunch was leftover steak neptune with alfredo noodle stuff. Very yummy.

Comments

Chimera said…
Urk!

Why do you have a diefenbachia in the same living space with cats? This is a dangersous combination -- and it's not the plant that's in danger!
yellowdoggranny said…
that may be the best picture of cats I have seen...I love it....
howdy...how ya been...???
JeanC said…
Actually, none of my kitties have ever bothered that plant (except hubby's kitty Sammy who used to use it for a litter box. I'm amazed that it has survived so long). The kitchen window is currently the only place I can have my plants, every place else is either covered or the flat space is gone. I'm currently down to two plants, the def and an avacado tree. I've killed off everything else.

Hi granny :) Yeah, that is a great pic, one of the very few I can get of them together. Been doing fine, waiting for the weather to get nice again so I can go out shooting.