Rats!!!!

We were invited out to the Oregon coast for a friends birthday this weekend and it looks like we can't go now. Too many bills poured in this last weekend that have got to be taken care of. SNIFF! I haven't been out to the coast since 1977 and it would have been so much fun to walk on a foggy beach with hubby.

Oh well, maybe another time (fingers crossed someone decides to give us a ton of money and we can actually make it out there).

I'm still going to take the time off, maybe get a bit of fishing in and finally get my outdoor stuff done, or at least started.

Sunday night I made pizza. Whole wheat dough, sauce made from some fresh romas, oregon springs, tomato paste, garlic powder, a bit of kosher salt and some Trader Joe's 10 year old basalmic vinegar. Not bad, needed more garlic tho. I sauteed diced chicken thighs in a bit of olive oil, a pinch of salt and italian herbs. I then thawed some carmelized onions I had in the freezer and topped the pizzas with chedder and mozzarella. Yummy! Lunch today and yesterday is leftovers.

Dinner last night was a quicky since I didni't get home until after 8:30. I popped some rice onto to the stove and while that was cooking I thawed some more chicken thighs (really need to get more meat such as beef, I love my chicken, but I need variety hehehehehe), cubed them and sauteed them. Added some italian herbs (hmmmmm, need to restock my pantry me thinks) and then added some plain yogurt and thickened it with cornstarch. Served the chicken and yogurt over rice for a nice quick dinner. Enough leftovers for my lunch tomorrow (if hubby doesn't get to it first).

Since it looks like we'll be here for the weekend (barring a miracle), I think I'll look at doing a bit of baking. I need to get back into bread and see about getting more meals in the freezer. Breakfasts for hubby too. Pick up more freezer containers and get the crockpot going with soups. I have a ton of chicken and turkey stock I need to do something with.

Cloudy out today, heater actually kicked on this morning (of course not until we were ready to leave for work LOL) and they are predicting some rain. Lows back in the 30s by Monday, so I think I'll be harvesting what's left of my tomatos and making green salsa and fried green tomatos. I have my fingers crossed a few more will start turning and they can finish ripening on the counter.

Hubby bought me my own flash drive, so now I don't have to keep borrowing his for my class presentations. A pretty little 125 MB in purple hehehehehehe. Came with anice padded case I can hook onto my purse or backpack. Moved the programs that came off of it and saved them on my 'puter at home to give me more room. Good thing to, I'd taken pics at a recent retirement party and I'd downloaded them at home and needed to bring them back to the library to upload them on our server. Ended up not being able to move the short vid I took there were so many pics. So that I'll bring in tomorrow. Otherwise the drive is more then big enough for what I need it for.

Managed to avoid getting another kitten, tho the temptation was great. The Minion's mom mentioned they had some kittens that a feral queen had in their shop. All black. Oh so tempting, but we finally decided the 3 we have right now is plenty, plus I have Scrapper to take care of (which reminds me, we have to work on getting his little kitty house prepped for winter). Anywhos, Rum Tum is still in that kitten mode and he's equal to 3-4 new kittens LOL.

Comments