Semi-busy Saturday

We have hubby's Minion over. He came over last night to watch the new Doctor Who and then stay the night. He's hubby's Evil Genius in Training.

So I made Taco Soup in the crockpot. I have a friend of mine over also, so we had a nice evening. The Minion is about 13, so we did have to explain a lot of concepts and the history of Dr Who.

This morning I made pancakes with gluten free flour using a modified recipe out of my 1950s Betty Crocker cookbook (slightly different amounts f things, I didn't care for the origianl measurements). Came out very yummy, I used Bob's Red Mill GF flour. Have to see if the Coop has similar flour in bulk so I can start using it in more of my recipes. I think it will make a killer crepes as it has a vry nice nutty flavor to it.

We finally got the new chop saw set up, it is going to do the trick. I can't wait to start working on stuff.

Finally finished moving my compost pile over. I also added all the ashes from the charcol grill and that will get bagged for the winter. I'll keep the gas grill handy tho.

Is very warm today and my tomatos are loving it. I've got a lot more ripening on the vine and I'll probably be picking more tomorrow to preserve some way for this winter.

Need to finish getting the deck cleaned up, at some point we need to take the Minion back to his parents and I do need to finalize plans for my green house and cold frame. At some point I also need to get homework done hehehehehe.

Comments