PTHHHPPPPP!

Can't think of a title to put hehehehehehe.

Things are ticking along fine, we got a good start on upgrading the Geek Cave (hubby's office). Picked up some MDF plywood and had it cut to measure length-wise. I did the final measure and cut width-wise once we got it home. A certain local hardware and lumber store is no longer getting our business tho, everytime we go in we end up dissatisfied with service and all. So we'll check out the other place in town and see if their service has gotten better since they moved into their new location. But anyways hubby now has a better work surface and the sewing table he had been using for a computer desk is now out in my garden work area. Not sure where I'll put it, but I'll figure something out.

On the skunk front, they still live (yes, I did say "they", D says he saw two of them the other night). Hubby went out to dispatch the critters, but the rifle jammed, so they had a reprieve. Hopefully we can solve the problem before we take off on Friday, I really hate to leave it hanging.

Plans for taking the ferry to Vancouver Island fell thru, it is going to be too expensive. So instead we are looking at doing some geocaching on the way over, meeting some friends on Sat in the Seattle area and then up to Vancover BC the next day. Not sure what our schedule is after that. I'm hoping we'll have some time to visit people in the area before heading off to Hope for camping.

Our budget for the trip took a big hit when we had to send INS money for hubby's green card renewal. If we hadn't had to do that, we could have afforded the trip to the island.

Made beef jerky on Sunday for the trip. Ended up using some teriaki sauce for part of the soy sauce I didn't have enough of. It's been so hard to keep from eating it all, it's so yummy LOL. We'll hit Costco tomorrow night and pick up some of the Kirkland trail mix, between that and the jerky we'll have some good road muchies. Still have to go thru the pantry and see what I have to take. I'll go with a stripped down camp cooking set, the cast iron skillet, pot, plates, a couple cups and some utensils.

Finally got some new photos of Ms Ella posted on her blog. Need to start looking at tweaking the template on her blog, something a little more in keeping with her personality.

Yesterday was cool enough to actually cook dinner. I did a small roast and cut up some potatos into fry size and tossed those with olive oil and the ranch dressing powder (I really, really love those for kitchen cheats) and everything into the oven. I slow roasted the roast and when it came out for its rest period I turned up the oven to 400F to finish off the potatos. Boy they came out wonderfully well. I'd soaked them in water for a bit before baking, so some of the starch was soaked out and they had a nice crispy outside while nice and fluffy on the inside. I then used a gravey packet and the drippings from the roast to make gravy. I had the lettuce I'd harvested the night before for dinner (and then was told by our neighbors we were eating over there instead LOL) and had a nice big salad to top it all off. Nothing like fresh greens out of ones own garden. YUM!!!!

Lunch is leftover roast, potatos and gravy. Not sure exactly what I'll do for dinner, I still have greens from the garden, so we'll at least have salad. I'll probably do something with chicken and either rice or potatos, tho I really need to use the potatos, they are starting to go. I also have 1 1/2 walla walla sweets, I was going to cook them last night and forgot.

Can't add anymore photos to Flickr for the month, I've hit my limit. Will have to definately think about getting a pro account once we are back from the trip and get a head on money.

Comments