OW!!!!!

Enlisted the aid of the neighbor yesterday and got one of the desks moved off the deck to behind the deck where I'm organizing my gardening center. Then a little later I manhandled the wooden shelving unit myself, PAIN!! I forgot how heavy that thing is. I only lifted it up and over the railing on to the table right behind and then manhandled it onto the desk, but OW!!! I gotta quit being macho :P

So my deck is a mess since at that point I didn't want to do anymore, so tonight after work I gotta straighten it up and move the other desk to where I want it. We've decided to go with a bamboo-tropical theme for the porch for decorations, so we'll be looking to get bamboo (or bamboo looking) blinds to hang out there and other tropical decorations. Not sure what kind of furniture as yet, something sturdy and comfortable.

Bought some tomato seedlings yesterday, 2 Oregon Springs, 2 romas, a Big Beef, a Super Bush and a Champion. I was going to put them out on the deck for today, but there are forcasts for wind and chill, so didn't. I still need to expand the spot I'm putting them, but I stil have some time.

Kept some windows from going to the dump. A couple people on Freecycle had them. One is a 5X9 12 pane window, 100 years old that will be perfect for a cold frame. The others were modern windows in frames with sliders we'll make into cold frames also. I have the storm windows for the trailer we no longer use, so have even more windows. I may look at a table top greenhouse for next year using the various window bits. Just gotta figure out how.

One of the windows people also had a rechargable electric lawnmower that stopped working. They thought it was the battery, nope, didn't work with a new battery, so they Freecycled it. Hubby figured he could strip it, but instead figured out what was wrong with it and now our one set of neighbors has a lawnmower of their own :) I dont' think it is powerful enough for the beginning of the year when the grass is super thick, but once we get the lawns cut with the gas mowwer, the electric one should be good for maintaining. It also is a mulching mower, so that will be great for our lawns (D mows our lawn and we give him $10).

Our idiot furchild KiKi decided to tangle with someone (there is a new kitty hanging around) and got an owie on her head. We've been treating it with alcohol wipes for cleaning, triple antibiotic ointment and lots of healing energy. She had some swelling just above her eyes, but that is goign down. If it hadn't subsided by this morning she would be one very unhappy kitty going to the vets (tho there is still a possibility). Tonight I'll add tea tree oil to the treatment regimine. She spent all day yesterday curled up on the bed (she'd gotten nailed on Saturday), but this morning was up and about and went out side for her morning potty run.

Beltaine was nice, tho we had to forgo the bonfire as the wind kicked up by then and it was decided that roasting the chickens in their chicken house would be a bad thing the wind was that strong. Other then the wind, it was nice. The rain waited until we were headed back into the house, tho it had rained earlier in the day.

Hopefully we are getting the race at Talladega today. It was postponed from yesterday due to weather and we just set the channel to FX and set up for manual record on the DVR since the race today wasn't listed onthe grid. So fingers crossed.

Comments